Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
New to this forum and just bought a Dell Mini DV already configured to run OS 10.6.7 on ebay. Everything works, sound is fine, touch pad, usb works fine for plugging in a mouse, but when I try to plug in a USB hard drive, it doesn't cause any problems, it just doesn't show. Any ideas? I tried both USB ports, tried only the usb drive, tried rebooting, never saw it.

The main thing I was wanting to do was make a disk image of the drive so if I goof anything up later messing around, I can have a backup. I'd like to be able to connect a USB drive and I'd like to make a disk image, any ideas?

The Dell Mini has 1 gb mem, 160 gb hard drive, and is the 533 processor (I think).

Thanks,

Rick

Strange to maybe answer my own question, but I was reading around on the forum and saw someone else mention that they had to use a powered USB hub to access some devices because their USB power was so low. I was able to access a flash drive, but it made me wonder about the external hard drive. I just ordered a USB hub with ac adapter and we'll give it a try. If anyone knows anything else about this, I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back