HD 5450
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Dear All,
Maybe it is just a thing with Latitude laptops, but I am not sure.
I have installed Sierra 10.12.6 on this laptop of mine, an E7450 with an i5 5300, Intel HD 5500, 256 Gb MSATA and 8 gigs of RAM + a 14" HD screen. And a Hungarian keyboard. And this is the strange part. The Hungarian QWERTZ keyboard has the same amount of keys as (almost?) any European keyboard - just the mapping differs. But I am actually "missing" a key... and only under MacOS, as with Windows all keys work. I "lost" the key next to the left (short) shift... pressing it does nothing. The keyboard layout helper does not display that key either. Region and keyboard settings are set to Hungary but nothing changes. I thought of adding the UK layout, but that apparently is unavailable... very strange. This is only my 6th config, but the first time I saw this happen.
What influences the keyboard layout?
Thank you for any ideas!

Can be marked as solved.
I reinstalled Sierra, generated the all AMLs, added the KEXTs needed, nothing, same issue.
From there I tried all sorts of unorthodox things like swapping components within the xxxPS2Controller.kexts.
And that was the solution actually.
The moment I removed the VoodooPS2Trackpad kext from PLUGINS within the VoodooPS2Controller.kext everything started working and behaving as I sought. Trackpad, trackpoint, gestures, and ALL keys work.

Maybe not. I might hijack the thread and start looking at a complete remap to actually have every symbol where it is actually printed on the keyboard. I can't seem to do it with Karabiner as the option to load a private xml is no longer there in version 11.3.0

Dear All,
Maybe it is just a thing with Latitude laptops, but I am not sure.
I have installed Sierra 10.12.6 on this laptop of mine, an E7450 with an i5 5300, Intel HD 5500, 256 Gb MSATA and 8 gigs of RAM + a 14" HD screen. And a Hungarian keyboard. And this is the strange part. The Hungarian QWERTZ keyboard has the same amount of keys as (almost?) any European keyboard - just the mapping differs. But I am actually "missing" a key... and only under MacOS, as with Windows all keys work. I "lost" the key next to the left (short) shift... pressing it does nothing. The keyboard layout helper does not display that key either. Region and keyboard settings are set to Hungary but nothing changes. I thought of adding the UK layout, but that apparently is unavailable... very strange. This is only my 6th config, but the first time I saw this happen.
What influences the keyboard layout?
Thank you for any ideas!

Custom key layouts can be made with app Ukelele.

Custom key layouts can be made with app Ukelele.

Hello RehabMan,
How about a key layout file that would go to /Library/Keyboard Layouts?
I am actually putting one together right now...

Hello RehabMan,
How about a key layout file that would go to /Library/Keyboard Layouts?
I am actually putting one together right now...

I have never used it, but I believe that is exactly the type of file that Ukelele creates.

I have never used it, but I believe that is exactly the type of file that Ukelele creates.

Thank you! I will finish this file and if it doesn't work, I will give Ukelele a try!
Looks like this:

<keyboard group="29" id="30763" name="WIN_HU" maxout="1">
<layouts>
<layout first="0" last="0" modifiers="30" mapSet="138"/>
</layouts>
<modifierMap id="30" defaultIndex="0">
<keyMapSelect mapIndex="0">
<modifier keys="command?"/>
<modifier keys="anyShift caps? command"/>
</keyMapSelect>
<keyMapSelect mapIndex="1">
<modifier keys="anyShift caps?"/>
</keyMapSelect>
<keyMapSelect mapIndex="2">
<modifier keys="caps command?"/>
</keyMapSelect>
<keyMapSelect mapIndex="3">
<modifier keys="anyOption"/>
</keyMapSelect>
<keyMapSelect mapIndex="4">
<modifier keys="anyShift caps? anyOption command?"/>
</keyMapSelect>
<keyMapSelect mapIndex="5">
<modifier keys="caps anyOption command?"/>
</keyMapSelect>
<keyMapSelect mapIndex="6">
<modifier keys="anyOption command"/>
</keyMapSelect>
<keyMapSelect mapIndex="7">
<modifier keys="anyShift? caps? anyOption? anyControl"/>
<modifier keys="anyShift? anyOption? command? anyControl"/>
<modifier keys="anyShift caps anyOption command rightControl"/>
<modifier keys="anyShift caps rightOption? command anyControl"/>
<modifier keys="rightShift? caps anyOption command anyControl"/>
<modifier keys="anyShift caps anyOption command control"/>
<modifier keys="anyShift caps option? command anyControl"/>
<modifier keys="shift? caps anyOption command anyControl"/>
<modifier keys="caps? anyOption? command? anyControl"/>
</keyMapSelect>
</modifierMap>
<keyMapSet id="138">
<keyMap index="0">
<key code="0" action="9"/>
<key code="1" action="23"/>
<key code="2" output="d"/>
ETC

Dear BallyS16,

if your MacOS operation system have been successfully update to Mojave 10.14.2 for Laptop DELL E7450 ?

Below is my Laptop :
Mobo: Dell Latitude E7450 (Clover) Intel Broadwell-U -5th Generation Dell 0HPRCX
CPU: [email protected]
Graphics: Intel HD5500 128M, 1920x1080P
RAM:DDR3L 1600 16GB
SSD:256G
Audio: Realtek @intel High Definition Audio Controller
network: Inter Ethernet connection 1218-LM
wirless:Dell Wireless 1560 802.11ac
Bluetooth:DW1560 Bluetooth 4.0 LE
Bios: UEFI

I have been success installed MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 into my laptop , but it's still exist below issues to me .

1. intel hd graphic 5500 is showed 7M. then i try fix this issue according others guys suggestions via Clover Configurator tool,then reboot my laptop , final i got this error message :'System uptime is nanoseconds:8466188526' ,last loaded kext at 8027941155:> !A!IBDWGraphics .

2. my audio equipment can't work , and i don't know what is my audio equipment specific model . Could you please give some suggestion to drive audio equipment of Dell E7450 ?
3. Touchpad can't work .i try use VoodooPS2Controller_v1.9.2.kext to drive this equipment .

Please help me give some suggestions.
I will attach error picture and my config.plist file
Thanks

Attachments

• HD5500_issue.jpg
    HD5500_issue.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20190114_155443.jpg
    IMG_20190114_155443.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • config.plist
    13.2 KB · Views: 94