Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Notebook - http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/latitude-e6320/pd
Chipset: Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset
Proc: i5 2540M
Video: Intel HD 3000

Thanks in advance for all the help everyone always gives on Tony's site.

EDIT - 8-18-2011

10.7.1 is running, but I'm a huge noob at this so I will probably cry for help on some things. :)

The install was pretty easy. This is the way I did it, there might be an easier or better way, and I'm always open to suggestions. After I get this posted, I'm going to try iBoot+USB install method.

1. iBoot 3.1.1 + Retail DVD (10.6.3)
2. iBoot 3.1.1 -> Combo Update 10.6.7 then multibeast w/ system utils/easybeast, then bridge helper -> reboot
3. SL should boot normally without iBoot. I then ran multibeast again and chose SystemUtilities and set it to MacBook Pro 8,1
4. Ran Tony's Lion installer method. (haven't tried the USB installer yet. It just came today.)
5. Installed 10.7.1 via combo update -> restart
6. Installed the Intel NIC via Multibeast
7. Updated my post on TonyMac

What doesn't work:
- Wireless Installed Broadcom BCM4322 - Airport works no additional kexts needed.
- Keyboard/Mouse Found a post with a kext for this. Will attach it.
- Battery Kexts attached.
- Sound VoodooHDA 2.7.2 from Multibeast seems to work well.
- Intel video shows as 3000 but I'm getting some video tearing as I type this. (DSDT needed?)
- Haven't tried any of the other hardware quite yet. I'll keep updating as I nail down hardware etc.

Is there an easy way to test CPU/power support?

Thanks again for everyone that makes this community so awesome, and for Tony and the other mods that are always so patient with nooblers like me.

Attachments

• KB_Trackpad.zip
    134.9 KB · Views: 704
  • Battery Lion.zip
    450.4 KB · Views: 591
  • dsdt.aml
    32.6 KB · Views: 782
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dell E6320 - 10.7.1 running

Updated with results of Lion install. OP edited.

Re: Dell Latitude E6320 - 10.7.1 running

Installed Broadcom BCM4322 from an old HP netbook I had sitting around. Airport works. Will edit OP.

Installed Keyboard kext found on another thread. Billed as an easy fix for the E6520, but it kindof sucks. I may look for something better.

This Intel Graphics tearing is starting to become a problem. I may need some assistance with this. Grrr. Does this mean I need a DSDT?

EDIT - Video seems hit and miss for the tearing issue. The 10.6.8 sleep enabler blew it up though. Will have to delete.

Ugh. :(

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2011_08_22_at_10.26.14_AM.png
    Screen_Shot_2011_08_22_at_10.26.14_AM.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,448
Got a DSDT from Maldon. Will attach to OP. Haven't had it long enough to test video. Sleep still no good. No idea if power or speed stepping is working. Is there a way to test CPU throttling?

Intel HD 3000. No other video card in this particular unit. This morning I ran it for about 3 hours with chess, the flurry screen saver etc. Nothing seemed to go wonky. I think the DSDT fixed it?

Good grief I'm such a noob at this.

I'm going to work on a Vostro 3350 I have sitting here too a bit. See if I can get an install process figured out. The 3350 I have is probably closer to the HP probook you've been working on. It has the ATI/intel combo and HM67 vs QM67 that the Latitude sports.

liposuction said:
I'm going to work on a Vostro 3350 I have sitting here too a bit. See if I can get an install process figured out. The 3350 I have is probably closer to the HP probook you've been working on. It has the ATI/intel combo and HM67 vs QM67 that the Latitude sports.
I have 10.6.8 working on my Vostro 3550 nicely. Everything working well with the exception of wifi (it's Intel), including HD 3000 with QE/CI.

Maldon over on insanely made me a DSTL.aml so I think that helps a lot. I just got a KP when updating to 10.6.8 in IOPlatformPlugin so I deleted it before running the combo update.

britbloke said:
I have 10.6.8 working on my Vostro 3550 nicely. Everything working well with the exception of wifi (it's Intel), including HD 3000 with QE/CI.

Maldon over on insanely made me a DSTL.aml so I think that helps a lot. I just got a KP when updating to 10.6.8 in IOPlatformPlugin so I deleted it before running the combo update.

I've been following that thread actually. Maldon is a god. How did you do the install? 10.6.3? Any particular iBoot version etc? I usually go to 10.6.7 before lion and just install bridge helper. When do you drop the DSDT in? I feel like such a novice.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to get my Dell e6220 working with 10.6.8 or 10.7.2.

How do I go about getting a DSTD made for my laptop?

I have similar specs to this laptop

Proc: i5 2520M SandyBridge
Video: Intel HD 3000
Chipset: QM67

I don't have a CD rom so i've been trying to create USB boots but failing. I'm going to get an extern CD/DVD burner to try tonight. I know wireless will likely not work but i can swap out the mini PCIe later. Just want to get a proper DSTD to get video and power management working..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back