Dell Latitude 5285 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
7th-Gen Kaby Lake Intel Core i7-7600U
Graphics
Intel HD 620 (1920 x 1280)
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hi,

So, I'm very pleased how my hackintosh has turned out, with some fantastic help from the community. I've managed to get most things working now, and even have Xcode up and running.

I've managed to get my battery charging and the status showing. However, here are the two scenarios I have:

• If I have charging cable in from startup, laptop charges no problem and I can see the charge status going up. As soon as I take the cable out, the laptop freezes/crashes.
  • If I don't have the cable in, and I put the charger wire in then the laptop freezes/crashes.
It's worth noting that the charging cable is USB-C, but the USB-C ports are working.

Any advice how I can diagnose this type of issue?

Last edited:
Hi,

So, I'm very pleased how my hackintosh has turned out, with some fantastic help from the community. I've managed to get most things working now, and even have Xcode up and running.

I've managed to get my battery charging and the status showing. However, here are the two scenarios I have:

• If I have charging cable in from startup, laptop charges no problem and I can see the charge status going up. As soon as I take the cable out, the laptop freezes/crashes.
  • If I don't have the cable in, and I put the charger wire in then the laptop freezes/crashes.
It's worth noting that the charging cable is USB-C, but the USB-C ports are working.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi,

Did you resolve this issue finally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back