Contribute
Register

Dell inspiron 7737 video hdmi output & backlight control not working - Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is no doubt due to the random order your SSDTs are loading.

That is some sort of working:
It does not support plug and play. I need to reboot with HDMI connected with external monitor. external one is showing, internal is messing .
then change to mirror on, both are showing up. then change to extended and change external resolution. both are OK.

It does not remember the settings, next reboot. I just re-do above.

But keyboard controls are working well. So I can live with it now.

Great thanks to RehabMan's tremendous help.

Hi everybody!

Add this patches to DSDT will solve your problem:
Code:
#     Override DSDT oemId (for Clover, since it patches with "Apple ")
into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        // Note: Function key part seems to not be necessary
        // "AAPL,has-embedded-fn-keys", Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "RM,oem-id", "DELL",\n
"RM,oem-table-id", "HSW-LPT",\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Thanks nguyenmac i've applied that code and solved FN control keys (including Brightness control). Now i don't have to press FN key + KEY function. :thumbup:

Previously if i maintained pressed F12 (Brightness increase) an eject control icon appeared and cd tray opened. Is it possible to have this function too ?

Thanks you all !

Hi everybody!

Thanks nguyenmac i've applied that code and solved FN control keys (including Brightness control). Now i don't have to press FN key + KEY function. :thumbup:

Previously if i maintained pressed F12 (Brightness increase) an eject control icon appeared and cd tray opened. Is it possible to have this function too ?

Thanks you all !

To press F12, you have to hold down Fn while pressing... same for any other F1..F12.

Hi !! and Thanks again

To press F12, you have to hold down Fn while pressing... same for any other F1..F12.

i do that, but another function is happening like a widget window appears.

Hi !! and Thanks again

i do that, but another function is happening like a widget window appears.

Check settings in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts.

Hello. Two days ago, my system prompted me to upgrade to version 10.10.4 (via apple store). i've done that, but now internal speakers have disappeared (sys preferences - Sound). Also happened with internal Mic. Do you know how can i solve this?

Thanks

Hello. Two days ago, my system prompted me to upgrade to version 10.10.4 (via apple store). i've done that, but now internal speakers have disappeared (sys preferences - Sound). Also happened with internal Mic. Do you know how can i solve this?

Thanks

If you're using patched AppleHDA.kext, you have to re-install it. Updates overwrite patched kext with vanilla.

Hi.
If you're using patched AppleHDA.kext, you have to re-install it. Updates overwrite patched kext with vanilla.

I've reinstalled appleHDA.kext (same last time) and nothing happened.

do you know how may it be?. Should i repatch ssdt's (irq fix)

Thanks

Hi.

I've reinstalled appleHDA.kext (same last time) and nothing happened.

do you know how may it be?. Should i repatch ssdt's (irq fix)

Thanks

Repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back