Contribute
Register

Dell inspiron 7737 video hdmi output & backlight control not working - Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan. Thank you for all your support!!!!. Your help and knowledge are priceless. :clap:

I could activate HDMI audio :thumbup: so i'm very happy !. When i plugged hdmi cable monitor turned on, and mirrored image. Left you mi config.plist to know if everything is ok.

my current issue is that when i turn of mirror image (to extend monitor desktop image) mi laptop screen crashes, but monitor results ok (so i have to turn on mirror again) . I will Left you a picture (but its the same at previous times in the post)

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]13    1 0xffffff7f8215f000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]

Code:
no results for : 
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu [/FONT]

Thank you again !!! you're the best !

I don't see any problem in ioreg.

Hi. The problem was that i have to make a small resolution change, and everything went ok.

I don't see any problem in ioreg.

I have two noticiable issues (but the big part is done):

1. F11 / 12 (Backlight Brightness control) seems to be broken, because when i touch them (up or down) the function responds but to the full value (if up maxium brightness, if down to black screen). After one touch it can't be used again. Spite of that, slider on display preferences, works, so brightness control is active.
  2. After sleep, i get no audio at my system. Do you know hoy can it be fixed, because i'm affraid to patch again or get not working someting again.

Thanks !!

[*]F11 / 12 (Backlight Brightness control) seems to be broken, because when i touch them (up or down) the function responds but to the full value (if up maxium brightness, if down to black screen). After one touch it can't be used again. Spite of that, slider on display preferences, works, so brightness control is active.

Sounds like a keyboard problem. Many Dell computers have Fn+keys that send 'make' (down) codes without 'break' (up) codes.

There is a feature in my driver where the keys that do this can be listed. Check out the Info.plist and look for 'Breakless PS2'. You can probably select on of the existing Dell profiles if the breakless key codes match.

[*]After sleep, i get no audio at my system. Do you know hoy can it be fixed, because i'm affraid to patch again or get not working someting again.

You probably have EAPD nodes. Check your audio codec dump.

Fix with CodecCommander: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Hi RehabMan! Thanks for your constant support. I couldn't get as far without your help

There is a feature in my driver where the keys that do this can be listed. Check out the Info.plist and look for 'Breakless PS2'. You can probably select on of the existing Dell profiles if the breakless key codes match.
Ok I will do so!. About the info.plist in your driver. which driver do you refer to, or where do i find it?

You probably have EAPD nodes. Check your audio codec dump.

Fix with CodecCommander: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Ok I've installed it with kext wiz, so i've tried a cupple of times and it seems to be solved !

Thanks Again!

Hi. The problem was that i have to make a small resolution change, and everything went ok.

I am hanging on the same issue as you, mirror is good, extended mode, internal display becomes flickering and artifacts

What is "a small resolution change" you made?

Really appreciated.

Hi !
I am hanging on the same issue as you, mirror is good, extended mode, internal display becomes flickering and artifacts

What is "a small resolution change" you made?

Really appreciated.

I´m not at home with my computer to tell you exactly, but i´ve plugged HDMI cable when i checked out mirrored image, flickering and artifacts became present at my notebook screen, so i moved mouse to second monitor, click at system preferences - Display - and move slider down to next step resolution change (something like 1660X9xx) - Applied changes. Notebook screen fixed image. After that i´ve changed again to 1920X1080 apply changes and everything went ok back on. Try this and tell me if you have some changes.

It´s seems something like the O.S needs a resolution change in order to work fine.

Tell me if you could solve it.

Hi !

I´m not at home with my computer to tell you exactly, but i´ve plugged HDMI cable when i checked out mirrored image, flickering and artifacts became present at my notebook screen, so i moved mouse to second monitor, click at system preferences - Display - and move slider down to next step resolution change (something like 1660X9xx) - Applied changes. Notebook screen fixed image. After that i´ve changed again to 1920X1080 apply changes and everything went ok back on. Try this and tell me if you have some changes.

It´s seems something like the O.S needs a resolution change in order to work fine.

Tell me if you could solve it.

That is super!!!:thumbup: it seems clearing up some default cache of Yosemite and wake up some functions inside. appreciated again for your magic solution.

Hi RehabMan!

It is in the Info.plist for VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext.

Read the wiki article on custom key mapping for a few clues: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Use-Custom-Keyboard-Mapping

I never wrote anything on "Breakless PS2" but if you look at the existing examples...

I've been reading that post but i couldn't solve the problem do you have some additional info in order to solve that? The problem is when i stroke FN 11/12 Brightness control activates (up/down) but it won't stop until keystroke the other fn. But it only works one time until you reboot system.

Another thing is that sometimes my bluetooth is activated and sometimes not. It is randomly after booting. I don't know why, but also make "Visible" airplay devices.
Referring to bluetooth i can't enable it (when it's off) and can't disable it (when its on). I left you a picture. Do you know how can i solve this? Because when it on, it seems to be working (i could transfer files). Note: i'm not using an external device, only internal notebook card.

View attachment 141185 View attachment 141186

Thanks

Hi RehabMan!

I've been reading that post but i couldn't solve the problem do you have some additional info in order to solve that? The problem is when i stroke FN 11/12 Brightness control activates (up/down) but it won't stop until keystroke the other fn. But it only works one time until you reboot system.

You need to enter the scan codes for the keys that lack break codes into the "Breakless PS2" section of Info.plist.

Another thing is that sometimes my bluetooth is activated and sometimes not. It is randomly after booting. I don't know why, but also make "Visible" airplay devices.

No idea without knowing which bluetooth device you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back