Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7737 Battery Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
10-4.

Changes made as advised. Battery is now showing %. I am not sure about the charging status as I don’t have my laptop charger with me. I will check this evening.

Can you advise on my earlier post regarding the ## lines in the patches. For example: When I try and compile LPNF for brightness control I get a compile error right away. If I remove those # lines from the top and bottom there are no errors. What are they for? It’s happened on a few patches but not all.

10-4.

Changes made as advised. Battery is now showing %. I am not sure about the charging status as I don’t have my laptop charger with me. I will check this evening.

Can you advise on my earlier post regarding the ## lines in the patches. For example: When I try and compile LPNF for brightness control I get a compile error right away. If I remove those # lines from the top and bottom there are no errors. What are they for? It’s happened on a few patches but not all.
the files on github will compile fine as is

make sure to use latest iasl from the patching laptops page

MacIASL -> Preferences -> iASL make sure ACPI 6.2a is selected

Hi,

It was indeed a stale version of IASL. It's working now to compile without issues.

I'm not in a bad place at the moment.

Sleep, Audio, GFX, Wifi, Lan are all working and the discrete gfx adapter is disabled.

2 Issues:

1) For some reason TRIM is no longer working on the SSD. I am not sure as to why..
2) The battery shows 0% on boot until I unplug and replug the adapter, I then need to enable the taskbar icon.

As per your direction I performed the following:
1) Updated Kexts using the updater in both Clover + L/E
2) Generated a New LiluHelper and placed in L/E/ + Reloaded All kexts/cache/permissions
3) Removed IntelGraphicsFixUp as per a warning in the Kext Updater
4) Confirmed change _DSM to XDSM is enabled.

Will upload a debug shortly.

Edit:

I removed all SSDTs and replace functions, battery worked fine again, but still no trim.

Added back only the SSDT to disable discrete gfx only and once again the battery went to 0% and could not be added to taskbar. However if I unplugged/replugged the power cord the battery came back right away.

In regards to TRIM it was working before with the DSDT, not sure if it was a patch in the DSDT or maybe the updating of kext/VirtualSMC did anything. Any ideas?

Put all SSDTs and patches back to what they were and uploaded debug.

Edit 2:

Also when the battery is at 0% and not working all i have to do is unplug the cord and it works. I don't even need to reinsert it the power cord. - but I still need to re-enable the feature to add to taskbar.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Hi,

It was indeed a stale version of IASL. It's working now to compile without issues.

I'm not in a bad place at the moment.

Sleep, Audio, GFX, Wifi, Lan are all working and the discrete gfx adapter is disabled.

2 Issues:

1) For some reason TRIM is no longer working on the SSD. I am not sure as to why..
2) The battery shows 0% on boot until I unplug and replug the adapter, I then need to enable the taskbar icon.

As per your direction I performed the following:
1) Updated Kexts using the updater in both Clover + L/E
2) Generated a New LiluHelper and placed in L/E/ + Reloaded All kexts/cache/permissions
3) Removed IntelGraphicsFixUp as per a warning in the Kext Updater
4) Confirmed change _DSM to XDSM is enabled.

Will upload a debug shortly.

Edit:

I removed all SSDTs and replace functions, battery worked fine again, but still no trim.

Added back only the SSDT to disable discrete gfx only and once again the battery went to 0% and could not be added to taskbar. However if I unplugged/replugged the power cord the battery came back right away.

In regards to TRIM it was working before with the DSDT, not sure if it was a patch in the DSDT or maybe the updating of kext/VirtualSMC did anything. Any ideas?

Put all SSDTs and patches back to what they were and uploaded debug.

Edit 2:

Also when the battery is at 0% and not working all i have to do is unplug the cord and it works. I don't even need to reinsert it the power cord. - but I still need to re-enable the feature to add to taskbar.

Thanks for the help.
trim in enabled on your system

you may want to enable this in your config.plist:
Code:
<key>DellSMBIOSPatch</key>
        <false/>

try a EC reset of your laptop

Hi,

I’ve enabled the DellSmBios patch now, no change but I’ve left it enabled.

How do you see TRIM is enabled? Before I was able to see TRIM on in the system info, however doesn’t show now?

Any idea about the battery? Is there anyway we can force a status update upon login? It seems under any circumstance when RP05 is messed with it breaks the battery...

Hi,

I’ve enabled the DellSmBios patch now, no change but I’ve left it enabled.

How do you see TRIM is enabled? Before I was able to see TRIM on in the system info, however doesn’t show now?

Any idea about the battery? Is there anyway we can force a status update upon login? It seems under any circumstance when RP05 is messed with it breaks the battery...
it could be due to trackpad settings

have you tried to use VoodooPS2Controller.kext instead of ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext ?

from your kextstat_log:
Code:
DUMP FOR TRIM STATUS :-
          TRIM Support: Yes
END DUMP FOR TRIM STATUS.

I’ve installed the latest version of Voodoo as per the instructions by Rehabman, but when I got on settings trackpad it says no trackpads found.
if you have made changes then new problem reporting files are required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back