Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I gave up using DW1820a. I finally ordered a DW1830 and everything is working like a charme. Although the card has one additional pin for a third antenna I got bluetooth working and also wifi is working without any issues so far. Wifi is working OOB without any kext. Only for Bluetooth the following three recent kexts are needed (in efi/clover/kexts/other)

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
can you post the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext please?

can you post the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext please?
Yes, of course. I'll post all bluetooth related kexts here I'm using. I hope that gonna help you.

Attachments

• Brcm.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 104
Hi,
I recently bought the same notebook tho I can't even install mojave on my Dell 15 7586 2 in 1. I hope we are talking the same laptop. Could you please share your bios config ? Did you do any setup_var hack to the bios ? I've seen this with some dell xps to unable cfg, etc ? I dont know if there is any issue with my laptop cus fingerprint reader doesnt work, headphone jack the same. For instance it came with windows 10 installed on nvme drive, if I try to install windows 8 on the sata drive it doesnt boot on it and there is a blue screen. Any help could be appreciated. My main focus is the hackintosh but I'm thinking it could an issue with my laptop. Thanks for the support.

Hi,
I recently bought the same notebook tho I can't even install mojave on my Dell 15 7586 2 in 1. I hope we are talking the same laptop. Could you please share your bios config ? Did you do any setup_var hack to the bios ? I've seen this with some dell xps to unable cfg, etc ? I dont know if there is any issue with my laptop cus fingerprint reader doesnt work, headphone jack the same. For instance it came with windows 10 installed on nvme drive, if I try to install windows 8 on the sata drive it doesnt boot on it and there is a blue screen. Any help could be appreciated. My main focus is the hackintosh but I'm thinking it could an issue with my laptop. Thanks for the support.

Check your bios settings. You need to select AHCI mode instead of RAID mode.
And then follow the instruction in post #99.
Don't know why my original post was removed...

has anyone successfully mapped the brightness keys to the stock brightness keys on the keyboard?

@dennis605
Hi
My computer is also Dell 7580.
Can you share your EFI? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a 7586 and no access to a USB keyboard; laptop keyboard isn't detected in the macOS installer asking to connect a bluetooth keyboard. I've tried adding voodoo kexts to clover/kexts/other but that still doesn't do anything. I do have a bluetooth mouse. Is there anything I can do to get laptop keyboard working in installer? I've tried so many different kexts and configs.

has anyone successfully mapped the brightness keys to the stock brightness keys on the keyboard?
Nope, but [Fn] + B and [Fn] + S increase and decrease the brightness respectively - it seems like they map to the F15 and F14 keys.

Hi, I have a 7586 and no access to a USB keyboard; laptop keyboard isn't detected in the macOS installer asking to connect a bluetooth keyboard. I've tried adding voodoo kexts to clover/kexts/other but that still doesn't do anything. I do have a bluetooth mouse. Is there anything I can do to get laptop keyboard working in installer? I've tried so many different kexts and configs.
I got it working with the VoodooPS2 kext... Maybe try updating the UEFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back