CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 960M + HD530 (UHD)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was following this guide and now finally get 10.14.6 installed. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-15-7559-skylake.260876/

However, I still have one problem with the graphic card, and I have tried several different ways to resolve it:

1. WhateverGreen (provided by the guide)+AppleBacklightInjector (provided by the guide)+SSDT-PNLF (provided by the guide): SOMETIMES can boot into macOS, screen works, HDMI monitor works, but cannot change brightness;

2. WhateverGreen (latest from GitHub)+AppleBacklightInjector (provided by the guide)+SSDT-PNLF (provided by the guide): can boot into macOS, screen is black (brightness is 0), HDMI monitor works;

3. WhateverGreen (latest from GitHub)+AppleBacklightInjector (provided by the guide)+SSDT-PNLF (provided with WhateverGreen): can boot into macOS, screen is black (brightness is 0), HDMI monitor works;

4. WhateverGreen (latest from GitHub)+SSDT-PNLF (provided with WhateverGreen): can boot into macOS, screen is black (brightness is 0), HDMI monitor works;

5. AppleBacklightInjector (provided by the guide)+SSDT-PNLF (provided by the guide): screen doesn't work at all, HDMI monitor works.

I am guessing there is something wrong with the graphic card, but I don't know what it is. Could anyone please help me with that? Thank you so much.

Attachments

• debug_1104.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
try this one:

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF-7559-4k.aml
    848 bytes · Views: 70
try this one:

It is working for me now! Thank you so much, but I think I still need to try the latest version of WhateverGreen.

It is working for me now! Thank you so much, but I think I still need to try the latest version of WhateverGreen.
Yeah, latest WhateverGreen works just fine, but you need some adjustment in SSDT-PNLF.dsl shipped with it. Here is the explanation:

For Dell 7559 4k, you need to initialise GRAN for backlight to work. If you use SSDT-RMCF.dsl(https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-RMCF.dsl), you can set the BKLT to 5 and that is all you need.

But since there is no RMCF.dsl in your config, you can edit SSDT-PNLF.dsl shipped with the latest Whatevergreen by hand, this is how: open the SSDT-PNLF.dsl with MaciASL, find Local4 at the beginning of Method(_INI), set Local4 to 5(Local4 = 1 -> Local4 = 5). Save the file by choosing File->Save As, then choose File Format "ACPI Machine Language Binary".

Also, you don't need AppleBacklightInjector with the latest Whatevergreen since it's already been integrated into Whatevergreen. Boot arg -cdfon is needed, though.

Yeah, latest WhateverGreen works just fine, but you need some adjustment in SSDT-PNLF.dsl shipped with it. Here is the explanation:

For Dell 7559 4k, you need to initialise GRAN for backlight to work. If you use SSDT-RMCF.dsl(https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-RMCF.dsl), you can set the BKLT to 5 and that is all you need.

But since there is no RMCF.dsl in your config, you can edit SSDT-PNLF.dsl shipped with the latest Whatevergreen by hand, this is how: open the SSDT-PNLF.dsl with MaciASL, find Local4 at the beginning of Method(_INI), set Local4 to 5(Local4 = 1 -> Local4 = 5). Save the file by choosing File->Save As, then choose File Format "ACPI Machine Language Binary".

Also, you don't need AppleBacklightInjector with the latest Whatevergreen since it's already been integrated into Whatevergreen. Boot arg -cdfon is needed, though.

Thank you so much for your help. It's working now. However, after sleep, I still cannot get it work, both internal and external... Is this another problem with the driver and the patch?

Thank you so much for your help. It's working now. However, after sleep, I still cannot get it work, both internal and external... Is this another problem with the driver and the patch?
Backlight doesn't work or just cannot wake up from sleep? In fact, backlight is expected to work after sleep. I believe this is a sleep issue. See [Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops. In short, what you have to do is:
Bash:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Other from that, there are several issues from the problem reporting files:
  • touchscreen doesn't work because you miss an entry in SSDT-UIAC.aml:
    Code:
    "HS06", Package() // Touchscreen {
    "UsbConnector", 255,
    "port", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },
    },
  • audio may not work after sleep. If it doesn't, try the attached SSDT-ALC256.aml.
  • patch "change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)" is not needed.
  • Lilu, Whatevergreen are missing in /Library/Extensions.

Attachments

• SSDT-ALC256.aml
    414 bytes · Views: 63
Last edited:
Backlight doesn't work or just cannot wake up from sleep? In fact, backlight is expected to work after sleep. I believe this is a sleep issue. See [Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops. In short, what you have to do is:
Bash:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Other from that, there are several issues from the problem reporting files:
  • touchscreen doesn't work because you miss an entry in SSDT-UIAC.aml:
    Code:
    "HS06", Package() // Touchscreen {
    "UsbConnector", 255,
    "port", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },
    },
  • audio may not work after sleep. If it doesn't, try the attached SSDT-ALC256.aml.
  • patch "change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)" is not needed.
  • Lilu, Whatevergreen are missing in /Library/Extensions.

Thanks for your help, now I guess I can get the sleep and screen working 100%. However, I then tried the SSDT-ALC256.aml you have provided, and my audio stopped working at all.

Thanks for your help, now I guess I can get the sleep and screen working 100%. However, I then tried the SSDT-ALC256.aml you have provided, and my audio stopped working at all.
Bash:
sudo kextcache -i /
then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back