fk1

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7347 (Dell 0F9PPM)
CPU
i5-4210U
Graphics
HD 4400 1920x1080
Hi,

I just managed to install Mojave on this laptop and with the given config.plist from RehabMans Guide for Intel HD 4400 iGPU and the EFI of this Guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...macos-10-14-1-virtualsmc-i2c-trackpad.264860/

most things already working well. Next I wanted to fix audio. I found that this laptop is using Realtek ALC 3234 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-and-no-codec-dell-inspiron-7347-realtek-alc3234.215887/

In this thread I also found the advice of MironeAudioPatcher so I went for that thing. I dragged my own config.plist in the AudioPatcher Window, selected the ALC255 Notebook option and patch.

After that I dragged aDummy.kext, config.plist, HDAEnabler and AppleHDA.kext from Desktop/MironeAudio in my System/Efi/Clover folder (Note I am dual booting with w10 with clover). Unfortunately no sound after reboot.

My other problem: I was going for custom DSDT patching according to the guide from RehabMan. I extracted the aml to dsl as described, opened it with MaciASL, configured repo but when I click patch it seems like I can't see the window properly because the top part is missing somehow:

looks like Window has moved in bad spot but I tried for hours to reset but no chance. What to do here?

regards

Hi,

I just managed to install Mojave on this laptop and with the given config.plist from RehabMans Guide for Intel HD 4400 iGPU and the EFI of this Guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...macos-10-14-1-virtualsmc-i2c-trackpad.264860/

most things already working well. Next I wanted to fix audio. I found that this laptop is using Realtek ALC 3234 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-and-no-codec-dell-inspiron-7347-realtek-alc3234.215887/

In this thread I also found the advice of MironeAudioPatcher so I went for that thing. I dragged my own config.plist in the AudioPatcher Window, selected the ALC255 Notebook option and patch.

After that I dragged aDummy.kext, config.plist, HDAEnabler and AppleHDA.kext from Desktop/MironeAudio in my System/Efi/Clover folder (Note I am dual booting with w10 with clover). Unfortunately no sound after reboot.

My other problem: I was going for custom DSDT patching according to the guide from RehabMan. I extracted the aml to dsl as described, opened it with MaciASL, configured repo but when I click patch it seems like I can't see the window properly because the top part is missing somehow:

looks like Window has moved in bad spot but I tried for hours to reset but no chance. What to do here?View attachment 395467

regards
Mirone patcher doesn't quite work for Mojave

you can use this:
Hackintool:

adding debug fyi

Attachments

• debug_11453.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 44
adding debug fyi
remove those audio patches from KetxToPatch

also enable these:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

I removed all kextToPatch entries from my config.plist and set all false values to true. I hope this is how it goes. still, no sound.

I removed all kextToPatch entries from my config.plist and set all false values to true. I hope this is how it goes. still, no sound.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

if you have made changes then you will have to re upload new problem reporting files

Yes Im sorry I wasn't quick enough to find Motherboard info. So I have found it is Dell 0F9PPM with Intel Lynx Point-KP Premium Chipset. Southbridge is Intel ID9C43 04

Attachments

• debug_5589.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 52
Yes Im sorry I wasn't quick enough to find Motherboard info. So I have found it is Dell 0F9PPM with Intel Lynx Point-KP Premium Chipset. Southbridge is Intel ID9C43 04
hardware profile - Motherboard should say make and model, ie: Dell Inspiron 7347

Graphics should say HD4400 <screen resolution>

AppleHDA.kext should not be in clover/kexts/other
probably don't need aDummy.kext

kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions

read post 2 of the laptop guide regarding installing kexts:

then afterwards, make sure your kexts are up to date:

I found this thread

there was the problem that all layout id wasn't provided. I have the same error:

Code:
-03-28 14:49:17.475750+0100 0x3ca      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily) HID: Legacy shim 2
2019-03-28 14:49:17.478996+0100 0x3cb      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) AppleALC:     alc @ alc-layout-id was not provided by controller at HDEF
2019-03-28 14:49:17.479010+0100 0x3cb      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) AppleALC:     alc @ alc-layout-id was not provided by controller at HDEF

this is my config.plist entry:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x03,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
            </dict>

Thank you for quick response while I am writing this Feartech, I will do all the steps you mentioned after this post

I found this thread

there was the problem that all layout id wasn't provided. I have the same error:

Code:
-03-28 14:49:17.475750+0100 0x3ca      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily) HID: Legacy shim 2
2019-03-28 14:49:17.478996+0100 0x3cb      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) AppleALC:     alc @ alc-layout-id was not provided by controller at HDEF
2019-03-28 14:49:17.479010+0100 0x3cb      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) AppleALC:     alc @ alc-layout-id was not provided by controller at HDEF

this is my config.plist entry:
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
            </dict>

Thank you for quick response while I am writing this Feartech, I will do all the steps you mentioned after this post
you may want to enable all these to test as well: (remove the #s)
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>#layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <data></data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>#layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>