Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 5378 - A few little things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5378
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.90GHz
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a couple of issues that I have been breaking my teeth on.

Black Screen on Wake
Sometimes, the screen will be black when resuming from sleep. This issue can be resolved by plugging in an HDMI monitor and changing the resolution or by safely restarting.

Screen Lag on Wake
Often, when resuming from wake the mouse and keyboard will stutter and seem unresponsive for about 10-30 seconds.

Lost Mouse/Keyboard/Trackpad/Touchscreen on wake
Sometimes, I lose all interface devices when coming out of wake.

Attachments

• Planck.zip
    8 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Black Screen on Wake
Sometimes, the screen will be black when resuming from sleep. This issue can be resolved by plugging in an HDMI monitor and changing the resolution or by safely restarting.

Screen Lag on Wake
Often, when resuming from wake the mouse and keyboard will stutter and seem unresponsive for about 10-30 seconds.

Handoff/Hotspot
I am unable to use Handoff or bluetooth Hotspot. However, Airdrop works and I am able to connect to bluetooth devices.

I am attaching my "Problem Reporting" files, and hopefully someone smarter than I can help out on this one.

EDIT:

The ioreg you attached is corrupt.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• Planck.ioreg.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 94
Also, below are my patchmatic files.

Attachments

• patchmatic.zip
    50.3 KB · Views: 76
Here is an updated ioreg, I did not notice that it was corrupted.

Still corrupt. It is likely you're using the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.
"Problem Reporting" is very specific with regards to the version of IORegistryExplorer that must be used.
Please read carefully.

Still corrupt. It is likely you're using the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.
"Problem Reporting" is very specific with regards to the version of IORegistryExplorer that must be used.
Please read carefully.

I did have the newer version and have removed. Updated ioreg below.

Attachments

• Planck.ioreg.zip
    649.5 KB · Views: 87

Black Screen on Wake

Screen Lag on Wake

Handoff/Hotspot
I am unable to use Handoff or bluetooth Hotspot. However, Airdrop works and I am able to connect to bluetooth devices.

I am attaching my "Problem Reporting" files, and hopefully someone smarter than I can help out on this one.

EDIT:

ACPI/origin is too old to compare against ACPI/patched.
It means you forgot to press F4 as per "Problem Reporting"
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• Planck.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 102
I am very sorry for not reviewing that guide. I have attached below the current data from my build.

Thanks again RehabMan!

Problems:
- you cannot use config.plist _DSM->XDSM with patched DSDT.aml (as it has _DSM methods you intend to be _DSM)
- from ioreg, looks like "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, Disable 0204, HDMI" is not applying (connector-type is <00 04 00 00>, not <00 08 00 00> on first external port, second external port not disabled). Eliminating unused ports from the framebuffer is the way to eliminate the lag.

Problems:
- you cannot use config.plist _DSM->XDSM with patched DSDT.aml (as it has _DSM methods you intend to be _DSM)

Removed. I will report back if I still get the black screen or if I lose HID hardware after wake.

- from ioreg, looks like "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, Disable 0204, HDMI" is not applying (connector-type is <00 04 00 00>, not <00 08 00 00> on first external port, second external port not disabled). Eliminating unused ports from the framebuffer is the way to eliminate the lag.

Here is my config.plist attached. I am unable to locate (in IORegistryExplorer) connector-type, but I have changed it to what you have recommended. However, my laptop still has a screen lag on wake.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.6 KB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back