Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
obsolete posting

Last edited:
Hi, I'm getting a glitch on installation (Yosemite). The apple logo shows, a bar starts filling but after a while i get the following glitch:

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm using the provided config.plist and my system specs are below my avatar. I found this post, OP has the same glitch but he never really said how he solved it. I also tried the HD4600 config for laptops that rehabman has on his github with no luck. Any clue how to get past this error?

edit: i could get past installation (both reboots) by opening and closing the lid, but when booting the mac partition I get a similar glitch and it gets stuck. How would I add a fix for hd4400/hd4600 that would work with my laptop? Thanks

I updated to yosemite 10.10.2 and now I have a problem, now my intel hd 4400 works only on 7mb, does anyone encountered this problem yet???

Mr. RehabMan : i have Mavericks 10.9.5 installed on my laptop using this method.[ 1st Post ]. also dual boot with Windows 8.1.
now i want to update it to Yosemite. if i do so, will i have to repeat patching process and so?.
any suggestion would be appreciated.
looking forward to your reply.
Regards.

Mr. RehabMan : i have Mavericks 10.9.5 installed on my laptop using this method.[ 1st Post ]. also dual boot with Windows 8.1.
now i want to update it to Yosemite. if i do so, will i have to repeat patching process and so?.
any suggestion would be appreciated.
looking forward to your reply.
Regards.

The same DSDT/SSDT files can be used on Mavericks vs. Yosemite.

There are some differences in Yosemite as far as configuration (for example, kext-dev-mode=1).

The stickies have useful information: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

will it effect dual boot?
and will there any problem with upgrading through appstore.?

will it effect dual boot?
and will there any problem with upgrading through appstore.?

I cannot predict the future. I'd recommend cloning your current partition to a new one, and doing the upgrade on it. That way you can always boot into Mavericks if you need to (to fix your config for Yosemite).

App Store upgrades are equivalent to combo/incremental updates. It used to be preferred to do combo updates over App Store, but now both cause a restart. And it doesn't matter as much for Clover because of Clover's hotpatching.

Is there any kext for Radeon HD 8670M-Mavericks?:beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back