Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dell 7737 works fine with these configuration
Original Hard Drive -- Windows 8.1
Replace optical drive with HDD caddy, install 128GB SSD and Yosemite on it.

Clover boot loader menu list the options for me to choose Windows or Yosemite to boot.

The only thing I feel so confused is:

Clover added entries automatically into my Dell UEFI firmware boot options -- how that happened? it can modify the bios! it scares me.

and one more thing -- I cannot delete all those entries, I can only delete what I formerly added but not those added by Clover.

Anyone knows any software tools or any ways to clean up all those entries?

Really appreciated.

The only thing I feel so confused is:

Clover added entries automatically into my Dell UEFI firmware boot options -- how that happened? it can modify the bios! it scares me.

UEFI services allow manipulation of UEFI boot entries. It is part of UEFI spec.

and one more thing -- I cannot delete all those entries, I can only delete what I formerly added but not those added by Clover.

You can edit your UEFI entries with efibootmgr on Linux, Easy UEFI on Windows, or the UEFI shell.

You can edit your UEFI entries with efibootmgr on Linux, Easy UEFI on Windows, or the UEFI shell.
Thank you, RehabMan. Easy UEFI on Windows works for me. Now my UEFI boot entries are very clean. But my clover boot menu still has a few items I want to delete. How to do that?

I upload the pictures, I only want to keep 8, T, X --- 3 items

8 -- Windows 8.1
T -- Yosemite
X -- Recovery

Thank you again in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 91
Thank you, RehabMan. Easy UEFI on Windows works for me. Now my UEFI boot entries are very clean. But my clover boot menu still has a few items I want to delete. How to do that?

I upload the pictures, I only want to keep 8, T, X --- 3 items

8 -- Windows 8.1
T -- Yosemite
X -- Recovery

Thank you again in advance.

Hard to know without knowing what the entries are that you don't want. Perhaps they are legacy entries? Disable legacy scanning in config.plist/GUI/Scan.

Hard to know without knowing what the entries are that you don't want. Perhaps they are legacy entries? Disable legacy scanning in config.plist/GUI/Scan.

Yes. that solved the issue. you are always super! thanks a lot.

Hi all,

I don't know what to do next, in the How-To it says: "10. Run the tool and select those:"

But what tool is meant? Clover Configurator? MultiBeast? Anything?

Thanks in advance!

10. Run the tool and select those:

- CloverUEFI
- Kexts > Graphics > HD4400/4600 DP/HDMI Freeze (Only on Mavericks 10.9.2-10.9.3)
- RTL8111 (for 7x37) or RTL8100 Ethernet (for 3x37-5x37)
- Tools > IASL
- Tools > MacIASL.
- Tools > Clover Configurator.
- Tools > SSDTGenerator.
- Fixes > Hibernate Mode > Disable Hibernate​

What tool are you talking about?

5. Press spacebar if a nagging screen about Mouse/keyboard appears. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and install Mavericks to your formatted partition. The installer will extract necessary files to "Install OS X Mavericks" (not your target partition). This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE 1.

Hi everyone,

I use Disk Utility to format my driver as GPT. I installed Mac Mavericks and it worked. But when I install Windows 8.1, its say that cannot install on MBR disk. So, how can I install Windows 8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back