Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try setting screen resolution in Clover with GUI/ScreenResolution (read the Clover wiki). You can also use a different theme to compensate.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

Thank you, RehabMan
I forced boot resolution to 1920x1080 in clover GUI/ScreenResolution configuration, normal boot or restart shows correct ratio of all those icons now. :thumbup:

I also applied the patch for boot-screen fix in config.plist from [Fix] Resolve boot screen garble.
formerly, after clover screen, it was: Apple icon (1 sec) --> garbled Apple icon(3+ sec) --> normal Yosemite screen.
Now, it becomes: Apple icon (1 sec) --> garbled Apple icon(0.2 sec, very shortly) --> normal Apple icon again (3 sec)--> normal Yosemite screen.

I treat that as fixed. :thumbup:

Now I want to move on to HDMI port fix, I tested it, not working at all, hot plug in HDMI cable, Yosemite becomes dead. with plugging in HDMI cable, Yosemite cannot even boot.

Could you tell me, what is the start point for me to fix it. or you could tell me briefly the solution just as 1-2-3 steps.

Really appreciated again for your great help.

Thank you, RehabMan
I forced boot resolution to 1920x1080 in clover GUI/ScreenResolution configuration, normal boot or restart shows correct ratio of all those icons now. :thumbup:

I also applied the patch for boot-screen fix in config.plist from [Fix] Resolve boot screen garble.
formerly, after clover screen, it was: Apple icon (1 sec) --> garbled Apple icon(3+ sec) --> normal Yosemite screen.
Now, it becomes: Apple icon (1 sec) --> garbled Apple icon(0.2 sec, very shortly) --> normal Apple icon again (3 sec)--> normal Yosemite screen.

I treat that as fixed. :thumbup:

Now I want to move on to HDMI port fix, I tested it, not working at all, hot plug in HDMI cable, Yosemite becomes dead. with plugging in HDMI cable, Yosemite cannot even boot.

Could you tell me, what is the start point for me to fix it. or you could tell me briefly the solution just as 1-2-3 steps.

Really appreciated again for your great help.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hey, can you update this guide to support Yosemite 10.10.3 and making the USB Key without having a Mac?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

My Profile has been updated.
My Laptop:
System: Dell Inspiron 17 7000 - 7737 (Clover)
CPU:i7-4510U/H8x/P8x
Graphics: HD4400, 1920x1080

See attached CPU-Z screenshots

I found this forum and read through it, now my HDMI is fully functioning: mirror mode, extended mode, HDMI-audo. Great thanks to RehabMan's excellent instruction and dontknow79's best practice.

Dell inspiron 7737 video hdmi output & backlight control not working - Help.

Attachments

• MB.png
    MB.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 109
  • CPU.png
    CPU.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 112
Is Full HD screen working properly following this guide, for anyone ?

I have Dell 7537 - Core i7 4510U CPU @ 2 GHZ, Intel 4400 Graphics model with Full HD screen.

Wow, we have the exact same laptop. Can you upload kexts or anything which could help me ? I am creating usb installer at the moment and gonna install yosemite.

Thanks again

I booted up with installer but at the install screen, it flickers a lot, so I cant go ahead to install it. What did I do wrong ?

Edit: Do I need to boot up the installer with any flags ?

P.S I am installing yosemite btw.

Works great. Thank you so much. Now another problem arose -

I already have windows installed and some other partitions too on this hard disk. I created a partition through windows (for yosemite) but Apple's disk utility doesnt convert it to mac os extended journaled. Whats the process if I already have windows installed and have few partitions already ?

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Do I need to do this (graphics kext thingy) if I am installing yosemite ?

10. Run the tool and select those:- CloverUEFI
- Kexts > Graphics > HD4400/4600 DP/HDMI Freeze (Only on Mavericks 10.9.2-10.9.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back