Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, recently DELL have replaced my motherboard...
With the old motherboard HDMI out was working pretty well,only the audio wasn't working.

I have created again the DSDT and SSDT's acording to the #1 post but when I connect the HDMI plug to the laptop, this freezes totally and needs reboot.

Anyone knows any solution to this?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• sie-osx.ioreg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi, recently DELL have replaced my motherboard...
With the old motherboard HDMI out was working pretty well,only the audio wasn't working.

I have created again the DSDT and SSDT's acording to the #1 post but when I connect the HDMI plug to the laptop, this freezes totally and needs reboot.

Anyone knows any solution to this?

Thank you in advance!

Did you implement HDMI-audio?

HDMI-audio on Haswell has several requirements:
- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU/HDEF/HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Did you implement HDMI-audio?

HDMI-audio on Haswell has several requirements:
- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU/HDEF/HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Hi! Many thanks!

HDMI and HDMI-audio it's now working!!

I used FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext , renamed B0D3 to HDAU and used this patch:

# inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" into HDAU (B0D3 originally)
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00030000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00030000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
Return (Package()\n
{\n
"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
"RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x0c, 0x0a, 0, 0 },\n
"device-id", Buffer() { 0x0c, 0x0a, 0, 0 },\n
})\n
}\n
end;

Then, on Clover config.plist I added this:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI-audio, port 0105, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006, 0x0d220003, 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQUJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
</dict>

Then, on Clover config.plist I added this:
Code:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI-audio, port 0105, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006, 0x0d220003, 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQUJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
</dict>

I assume without the 'disabled:'...

Hi,

My dell inspiron 7537 works almost perfect,I replaced the wifi for an dw1550(bcm4352)
iMessage, Facetime(audio), handoff worked, only my webcam stays black. (Photo Booth ,FaceTime does not work).

UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_26373

but when i use webcam monitor(app) then the webcam is working.
there must be some way..................

who can help me???

DSDT and SSDT patches works too Yosemite?

DSDT and SSDT patches works too Yosemite?

For the most part, the DSDT/SSDT patches required for Yosemite are the same as Mavericks. There are some exceptions.

Whats the best audio kext for 5x37? Work great with headphone port?
I can update Yosemite to 10.10.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back