Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio:
- Does your AppleHDA use layout-id 86? (because that's what you're injecting).
- Also, your DSDT lacks "IRQ Fix" patch. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Graphics:
- Your config.plist has a patch for HDMI audio/HD4000/Capri. Your laptop has i3-4010U, which is HD4400, not HD4000. You'll need a patch for Azul, not Capri.
- You're injecting ig-platform-id = 0x1660003 (presumably via config.plist) which is for HD4000. Your laptop has HD4400. Use 0xa260006 instead.

no its 8 with sample offset pad = 260

yup... i patched the Graphics and brightness fix again. and now fully working [ thanks a lot to both of you ... ]
but rename --- to --- patch give two errors after compiling. so i skip it.

no its 8 with sample offset pad = 260

Definitely not.

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

yup... i patched the Graphics and brightness fix again. and now fully working [ thanks a lot to both of you ... ]
but rename --- to --- patch give two errors after compiling. so i skip it.

Rename patch cannot be skipped...

Here is complete instructions (must be followed carefully)...

Haswell Brightness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB for transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...5-buggy-dsdt-asus-q501la-help-needed-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined. Search for "Device (GFX0)"...

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to the file (SSDT or DSDT) with GFX0 device definition.
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU). Obviously different locations for Clover (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

i am gonna follow it.
just for my info, what if i don't apply rename patch.?? [ because brightness controls are working [ keyboard functions and in sys preference. and i have Graphics fully working ]. why it is important ?

i am gonna follow it.
just for my info, what if i don't apply rename patch.?? [ because brightness controls are working [ keyboard functions and in sys preference. and i have Graphics fully working ]. why it is important ?

The "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" patch gives you power management for the integrated GPU.

It is not possible to get full range brightness without ACPIBacklight.kext and the correct DSDT/SSDT patches.

Definitely not.

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

its definitely 8.
so i think it is not patched. right ?

as u said "dsdt lacks IRQ Fix "
i select all the patches [ step 14 of this guid ]. [ patched with no error].

should i follow this guide for patching AppleHDA?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/118877-patch-applehda-kext-fly-clover-bootloader.html

Definitely not.

its definitely 8.
so i think it is not patched. right ?

Unlikely to be 8. Upload AppleHDA.kext you're using.

as u said "dsdt lacks IRQ Fix "
i select all the patches [ step 14 of this guid ]. [ patched with no error].

You did not. You forgot about "IRQ Fix"... The DSDT in your ioreg previously posted does not have the "IRQ Fix" patch.

If fact there are many more from step 14 missing.

Advanced. Get audio working the conventional way first.

yes, so 8 to 86 then reinstall using kext utility, repair and rebuild. and restart. right? is that gonna fix the problem ?

yes, so 8 to 86 then reinstall using kext utility, repair and rebuild. and restart. right? is that gonna fix the problem ?

From what I saw in your ioreg you're already injecting layout-id 86, as I reported in post #506. I was just asking you to verify that the AppleHDA does actually use 86, as we have already confirmed in my previous post #514. You have no issue with layout-id to fix.

Your problem (as far as audio) appears to be lack of "IRQ Fix" as I also reported in post #506.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back