Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to the patching of HDMI:

HDAU is usually defined in an SSDT. See ACPI patching guide for procedures/details: [Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

SSDT.aml is generated from ssdtPRgen.sh. Has nothing to do with 'patching'. It is a power management task.. has to do with 'native power management', not 'ACPI patching'.

SSDT-0, -1, -2, etc. are native files extracted then 'patched'.

Renaming HDAU concerns ACPI patching.

"To patch" means "to change".

I have the feeling that during sleep mode, the laptop consumes a lot of energy.

If the battery is charged 100 %, I guess that the battery will be empty to 20-30 % after 2 days. Can someone confirm that the same happens to anyone of you?

Thanks

I have the feeling that during sleep mode, the laptop consumes a lot of energy.

If the battery is charged 100 %, I guess that the battery will be empty to 20-30 % after 2 days. Can someone confirm that the same happens to anyone of you?

Thanks

Did you implement patches to disable Nvidia?

Somewhat normal though... RAM still needs to be powered during sleep.

Did you implement patches to disable Nvidia?

Somewhat normal though... RAM still needs to be powered during sleep.

Interesting, my work laptop (it's the same as you have) consumes much less energy during sleep mode running on windows.

Interesting, my work laptop (it's the same as you have) consumes much less energy during sleep mode running on windows.

You probably have Windows set to hibernate (suspend to disk) for long sleep. Once hibernated, RAM does not need to be powered.

You probably have Windows set to hibernate (suspend to disk) for long sleep. Once hibernated, RAM does not need to be powered.

Doesn't work for Hackingtosh, right?

Doesn't work for Hackingtosh, right?

For the most part, true.

It can work on some with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, the correct slide= value, and the correct hibernatemode value. I haven't looked into it because all my systems are SSD and the thought of writing 8-16GB of data each time the machine sleeps doesn't seem like a good idea.

I disable hibernation on Windows too...

Somehow, my battery won't last the full six hours anymore. It says merely 4 hours. Someone has a clue?

Attachments

• Familie’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back