Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Inspiron 3542 Touchpad & few other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
also this doesn't look right:
Code:
/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use VoodooPS2Controller.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad; omitting from prelinked kernel.

which is why your keyboard doesn't work

you may want to install that correctly

and then in config.plist:
InjectKexts ->Detect

Ok now moved all my installed kexts to L/E

And changed InjectKexts ->Detect but again keyboard stopped working......I have to change it back to Yes from Ubuntu to make work again. And quoted error still coming.

I think it's using clover VoodooPS2Controller.kext to make keyboard work...and that's why Touchpad working as mouse.

Last edited:
Just installed the 10.14.3 Supplementary Update and strangely Touchpad problem fixed...but still above quoted error comes....

Now just need help in Solving Power Management problem and Boot Grable glitch problem.

Attachments

• debug_19519.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
but still above quoted error comes....

Clearly you do not have the latest kext installed.
Refer to the guide for links:

Refer to the FAQ for correct kext installation procedures:

Clearly you do not have the latest kext installed.

Refer to the FAQ for correct kext installation procedures:
Thanks to everyone's contribution.

I'm using all the latest kexts from your repository here.
Yes I'm following above guides since 2016 when I first booted and make fully working Sierra with your help.

I changed my config.plist now since last one for 4400 on your github not working. And bit different and difficult for me then older ones.
In old versions there used to have config.plist patches for apple logo glitch but that's not working in Mojave.

Anyway just need Power Management to work which never works till date....even following the guides. Clover file is in my last post.

Power management guide is linked from the FAQ.
I guess you should take a look on attached debug folder above..... I'm doing exactly same which an Haswell system needs.
That is SSDT-XCPM.aml from your github and PluginType true in config.plist

I respect you and your work alot..... you're the one who helped a lot me to boot an fully working Sierra but now you always replying to read the same FAQ which i read 100s of time since 2016.

PS: I was an old member but that's my old account which I don't have access to.

That is SSDT-XCPM.aml from your github and PluginType true in config.plist

The guide does NOT recommend using multiple methods to enable CPU PM.
Please read the guide carefully.
Use only one method.

The guide does NOT recommend using multiple methods to enable CPU PM.
Please read the guide carefully.
Use only one method.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.....
Now removed the XCPM file.... hope it will work now.

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back