Graphics
HD 530
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 3542

CPU: Intel Core i5 4210U @ 1.7 GHz

RAM: 8Gb DDR3L 1600MHz

Storage: 1Tb HDD

Graphics: Intel 4400HD

Trying to Install Mac OS Sierra

I'm trying to install Sierra on my laptop, everything seems to work fine, I was able to load the clover screen, and then I tried to boot Mac OS from the USB, but when I tried to install the first time, the Apple logo came up, and the bar got a little past halfway and then the screen just turns off but I can here the computer running still. So I tried a second time, but turned on verbose mode, and have included a screenshot of the last thing that is displayed right before the screen shuts off: Dell Hackintosh Verbose.jpg

The display shuts completely off, but after about 15 seconds it sounds like the computer is turning back on almost as if it was in sleep mode? Or maybe it's shutting all the way off and turning back on? But I have no idea because when it does sound like its turning back on, I still get nothing on the display. Then it seems to turn back off again and when I press the power button it turns back on but I still get nothing on the display. But if I hold down the power button to fully turn it off, then turn it back on then I boot back into the clover screen, so I'm pretty sure something is making it sleep while in the middle of loading? I really have no idea so that's why I'm posting here.

I have all my bios settings set to what many of the laptop guides set them to so I don't think it has to do with my bios.

I'm using an entire efi folder from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/install-macos-sierra-10-12-on-dell-inspiron-3542.212146/ because this guy has the same laptop as me, except that he has a core i3 with 4400HD graphics AND an NVIDIA card although he doesn't use the NVIDIA card. I attached my config.plist so maybe someone can look at it and make sure everything is good?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 260
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 3542

CPU: Intel Core i5 4210U @ 1.7 GHz

RAM: 8Gb DDR3L 1600MHz

Storage: 1Tb HDD

Graphics: Intel 4400HD

Trying to Install Mac OS Sierra

I'm trying to install Sierra on my laptop, everything seems to work fine, I was able to load the clover screen, and then I tried to boot Mac OS from the USB, but when I tried to install the first time, the Apple logo came up, and the bar got a little past halfway and then the screen just turns off but I can here the computer running still. So I tried a second time, but turned on verbose mode, and have included a screenshot of the last thing that is displayed right before the screen shuts off: View attachment 288993

The display shuts completely off, but after about 15 seconds it sounds like the computer is turning back on almost as if it was in sleep mode? Or maybe it's shutting all the way off and turning back on? But I have no idea because when it does sound like its turning back on, I still get nothing on the display. Then it seems to turn back off again and when I press the power button it turns back on but I still get nothing on the display. But if I hold down the power button to fully turn it off, then turn it back on then I boot back into the clover screen, so I'm pretty sure something is making it sleep while in the middle of loading? I really have no idea so that's why I'm posting here.

I have all my bios settings set to what many of the laptop guides set them to so I don't think it has to do with my bios.

I'm using an entire efi folder from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/install-macos-sierra-10-12-on-dell-inspiron-3542.212146/ because this guy has the same laptop as me, except that he has a core i3 with 4400HD graphics AND an NVIDIA card although he doesn't use the NVIDIA card. I attached my config.plist so maybe someone can look at it and make sure everything is good?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back