Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3493 - trackpad, keyboard and Wi-Fi troubles

Update: I have fixed the trackpad and keyboard, along with Ethernet! All I need to fix now is gestures, as the computer is currently thinking the trackpad is a mouse - which means no gestures

Gotcha. Thanks for the help! How do I install OpenCore to the laptop's UEFI btw, while removing the Windows bootloader entry?
you mount the EFI partition and copy over the EFI folder from your working USB installer

I'm in a bit of a pickle. For some reason, the screen completely turns off during the boot process, disallowing me from troubleshooting potential issues. I'll post my bootargs when I'm able to boot into macOS

Update: Relatedly, experiencing panics now. something to do with dc9

Bootargs:
-v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=3 -igfxcdc -igfxdvmt

Update: I have fixed Wi-Fi/Bluetooth (swapped in an Intel card over my previous Atheros, and I'll test iServices soon), but I'm now experiencing another issue: While my trackpad does work, it's recognized as a mouse and VoodooI2CHID.kext isn't loading. (I have a PS2 keyboard and I2C trackpad) I generated my XOSI with SSDTTime. I'll share my EFI folder below.

Attachments

• Inspiron 3493 - EFI.zip
    37.1 MB · Views: 2
Update: I have fixed Wi-Fi/Bluetooth (swapped in an Intel card over my previous Atheros, and I'll test iServices soon), but I'm now experiencing another issue: While my trackpad does work, it's recognized as a mouse and VoodooI2CHID.kext isn't loading. (I have a PS2 keyboard and I2C trackpad) I generated my XOSI with SSDTTime. I'll share my EFI folder below.
you want to disable VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, look at post 7 again for kext ordering

you want to disable VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, look at post 7 again for kext ordering
My current kext order, as per #7
1711966102215.png

Okay, so I had another look at the dortania guide. VoodooI2C is attached to GPI0, but the system DSDT generated with SSDTTime (using the Auto function, it detects Windows 2015) doesn't have any
Code:
_LSTA
methods. Maybe that's causing my trackpad issues?

Back