Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 17r with the second-gen Core i3 processor. I also have the integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics + a GeForce 525M (switchable between the two in W7), and 6GB of DDR3 RAM. So far, I have gotten SL to install and have a very limited setup, pre-Multibeast. I tried installing Multibeast without updating to 10.6.8, but nothing seems to work. No ethernet, wifi, sound, or resolutions other than 1024x768. Does multibeast rely on the 10.6.8 update? Also, is this laptop even capable of a full Snow Leopard setup (meaning everything functional)?

I would really like this to work so that I have a nice 17 inch laptop running OSX for a fraction of the cost of a real MacBook.

I'm considering the 15R so I'd be interested in this answer too.
Thanks

Typically you should update to 10.6.8 before running Multibeast as 10.6.8 has support for more hardware.

Things that most likely won't work are wifi (a normal problem for Dell's).

I would follow one of the Dell laptop install guides either here or on InsanelyMac. You can choose one of the XPS laptops as most of the hardware is very similar. This is what I did and I now have a nice Vostro hackintosh setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back