GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I have been following this guide, https://sites.google.com/site/nozyc...all-snow-leopard-10-6-8-on-dell-inspiron-1525 , and it has been working so far, but it is asking me to "
Deselect "Use secure virtual memory" option (Applications > System Preferences > Security > General)" and when i try to, i click system preferences and it says system preferences has quit unexpectedly. also, when i try to open a finder window that doesn't work. could somebody help me, or perhaps provide me with a different guide. it doesn't have to be snow leopard, it can be newer, i just knew that Snow leopard was compatible and wasn't sure about other OS's.
Thanks

Hello,
I have been following this guide, https://sites.google.com/site/nozyc...all-snow-leopard-10-6-8-on-dell-inspiron-1525 , and it has been working so far, but it is asking me to "
Deselect "Use secure virtual memory" option (Applications > System Preferences > Security > General)" and when i try to, i click system preferences and it says system preferences has quit unexpectedly. also, when i try to open a finder window that doesn't work. could somebody help me, or perhaps provide me with a different guide. it doesn't have to be snow leopard, it can be newer, i just knew that Snow leopard was compatible and wasn't sure about other OS's.
Thanks

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back