i7-6700HQ
Graphics
960M, 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
((Note: Sig line has system components of this laptop, i7-6500U (Skylake), integrated HD 520 graphics))

Thought I would post this thread in case anyone has the same model, and if I find a solution I'll be quick to post it.

I downloaded El Cap 10.11.5 after reading people having some successes with 10.11.4, since the newest MacBooks apparently use Skylake.

Made the Unibeast install. It's been a while... Wow, it's a lot easier than before, didn't have to select "laptop" or "desktop" - nice changes! ((I might later try to upgrade my old ailing Asus with 660m video - it worked save for acceleration, though I'm not expecting any improvements in that area...))

Disabled VT-D in BIOS and added legacy boot support, disabling secure EFI.

Am able to boot with EFI. Clover is integrated into Unibeast.

Saw where I had to enable USB ownership in Clover, where I also tried -npci=-0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, -f, and on one occasion -x.

Booting is fine, until the screen blinks and a slash with circle around it appears. Rebooting using "-v", the same slashy circle appears but the text on screen is all garbled after the blink ends.

I'd read the garbled problem is supposedly due to using a USB3 port. I am using a USB2 port, also trying a USB2 hub attached to it (which created some driver sluggishness -- before the slash circle reappeared).

The actual USB stick is USB3 (but backward compatible with USB2)

I had found some documentation for 10.11.4, discussing framebuffer kexts. 10.11.5 doesn't have the same kexts, similar ones with the same name from what I could find. Am still researching if I can inject kexts into the installer.

Worst case scenario, I'll find a previous generation Dell. Dell seems to be better than the pack overall with features and expand-ability for the price, and often last longer than other brands since they're built decently well.

Attempting to duplicate the 7559 setup, as close as possible, had no effect:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...e-i7-6700hq-intel-hd-530-using-clover.191921/

My 5559 has bios version 1.1.5 (I did not attempt the latest version, 1.1.9)

Worst case scenario, I might buy this 7559 model instead, though for $400 less the 5559 is admittedly preferable... but the 7559 actually works...

I did read this as well, though Apple has released MacBooks with Skylake a couple of months ago (the 12" Macbook model...?):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Am definitely investigating what's covered here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/testing-thread-skylake-platform-in-os-x.176407/
(The 530-based laptops might be the better solution but am still reading up in hopes of this model with the 520...)

((Note: Sig line has system components of this laptop, i7-6500U (Skylake), integrated HD 520 graphics))

Thought I would post this thread in case anyone has the same model, and if I find a solution I'll be quick to post it.

I downloaded El Cap 10.11.5 after reading people having some successes with 10.11.4, since the newest MacBooks apparently use Skylake.

Made the Unibeast install. It's been a while... Wow, it's a lot easier than before, didn't have to select "laptop" or "desktop" - nice changes! ((I might later try to upgrade my old ailing Asus with 660m video - it worked save for acceleration, though I'm not expecting any improvements in that area...))

Disabled VT-D in BIOS and added legacy boot support, disabling secure EFI.

Am able to boot with EFI. Clover is integrated into Unibeast.

Saw where I had to enable USB ownership in Clover, where I also tried -npci=-0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, -f, and on one occasion -x.

Booting is fine, until the screen blinks and a slash with circle around it appears. Rebooting using "-v", the same slashy circle appears but the text on screen is all garbled after the blink ends.

I'd read the garbled problem is supposedly due to using a USB3 port. I am using a USB2 port, also trying a USB2 hub attached to it (which created some driver sluggishness -- before the slash circle reappeared).

The actual USB stick is USB3 (but backward compatible with USB2)

I had found some documentation for 10.11.4, discussing framebuffer kexts. 10.11.5 doesn't have the same kexts, similar ones with the same name from what I could find. Am still researching if I can inject kexts into the installer.

Worst case scenario, I'll find a previous generation Dell. Dell seems to be better than the pack overall with features and expand-ability for the price, and often last longer than other brands since they're built decently well.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back