Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Clover)
CPU
Intel i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 530 / Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! For the past few hours I've been trying to find why I don't see my hard drive when installing Sierra.
I did everything as shown in the guide for my laptop: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-15-7559-sierra-install.201576/
I already set up my BIOS according to the guide.
I looked everywhere on the web and couldn't find much information about it.
I tried putting SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext in EFI>CLOVER>kexts on the USB stick but when I do this when the Apple logo shows up some text appears on the left and it reboots. I tried with LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext with the same result.
I'm looking for some help please.

I tried putting SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext in EFI>CLOVER>kexts on the USB stick but when I do this when the Apple logo shows up some text appears on the left and it reboots.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
Also, attach output of 'lspci -nn' from Linux Terminal.

With SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext ?

I boot in verbose and this is all I could get before it reboot. I can't get to the install settings for Terminal with With SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext on the USB. I also attached the contents of EFI/Clover.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 148
  • Archive.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
I boot in verbose and this is all I could get before it reboot. I can't get to the install settings for Terminal with With SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext on the USB. I also attached the contents of EFI/Clover.

It is likely a USB/ACPI problem. Try dropping SSDT tables (one at a time, individually) until you find the problematic SSDT. You can drop tables directly from the Clover GUI.

i managed to solve it by patching SSDT-UIAC.aml into the USB EFI, thanks so much for help!

i managed to solve it by patching SSDT-UIAC.aml into the USB EFI, thanks so much for help!

And you must have added USBInjectAll.kext, as it wasn't present in the attachment in post #5. And SSDT-UIAC.aml (content assumed to be UIAC.RMCF configuration for USBInjectAll.kext) has no effect without USBInjectAll.kext.

And you must have added USBInjectAll.kext, as it wasn't present in the attachment in post #5. And SSDT-UIAC.aml (content assumed to be UIAC.RMCF configuration for USBInjectAll.kext) has no effect without USBInjectAll.kext.

No, I didn't. I only patched SSDT-UIAC.aml from another topic about my laptop as someone from the guide said it fixed the problem for him so I tried that and it also worked for me without USBInjectAll.kext.

No, I didn't. I only patched SSDT-UIAC.aml from another topic about my laptop as someone from the guide said it fixed the problem for him so I tried that and it also worked for me without USBInjectAll.kext.

Wrong (remember, I wrote USBInjectAll.kext)...
Assuming your SSDT-UIAC.aml has UIAC.RMCF in it, it has no effect without USBInjectAll.kext.

If you would like to show what you're actually doing...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back