Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15 7558, trouble booting installer (Unibeast 6.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a syntax error in my SSDT. (Brackets) Would you mind fixing it?
Edit*

The SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl has no such problem.
Start over with SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl and make the edits very carefully, checking as you make the changes by compiling to check for errors.

Hint: Your problem is that you accidentally deleted a close parenthesis.

Hey, can you tell me if my DSDT is loading or not? How can I tell? Because I used to get a lot more info and feedback from it when I first installed MacOS on this laptop, but now certain kexts won't load or certain functions stopped working. (Backlight no longer works, it loads but doesn't show backlight bar in display preferences, backlight keys stopped working, NullEthernet stopped working or even registering in the kextcache...) I think it's coming from my DSDT, but I'm not sure why these things are happening. I used to see things loading and referring to the DSDT at boot with verbose (like backlight, NullEthernet, etc.), but now I don't see as much stuff referring to the DSDT. Is there something wrong?

It seems like the kexts are installing, because they load, but not with any info and they aren't working.

A list of the kexts I'm working with are:
USBInjectAll
ACPIBacklight
IntelBacklight
NullEthernet
ACPIBatteryManager (working...I think. I see battery status, but I don't know if that's coming from the kext or the DSDT.)
FakeSMC (working)
VoodooPS2Controller (working)

It all started when I installed USBInjectAll the first time and then uninstalled it, some kexts haven't been registering in the cache even though I copy and re-copy them to S/L/E. Had to do some clean installs after that, but still the same result. I also can't boot without FakeID 0x12345678 now.

Attachments

• debug_11601.zip
    863.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Clover.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • DSDT-Changes1.dsl
    702.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSDT.aml
    90.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 8.12.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 8.12.52 AM.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 49
Hey, can you tell me if my DSDT is loading or not? How can I tell? Because I used to get a lot more info and feedback from it when I first installed MacOS on this laptop, but now certain kexts won't load or certain functions stopped working. (Backlight no longer works, it loads but doesn't show backlight bar in display preferences, backlight keys stopped working, NullEthernet stopped working or even registering in the kextcache...) I think it's coming from my DSDT, but I'm not sure why these things are happening. I used to see things loading and referring to the DSDT at boot with verbose (like backlight, NullEthernet, etc.), but now I don't see as much stuff referring to the DSDT. Is there something wrong?

It seems like the kexts are installing, because they load, but not with any info and they aren't working.

A list of the kexts I'm working with are:
USBInjectAll
ACPIBacklight
IntelBacklight
NullEthernet
ACPIBatteryManager (working...I think. I see battery status, but I don't know if that's coming from the kext or the DSDT.)
FakeSMC (working)
VoodooPS2Controller (working)

It all started when I installed USBInjectAll the first time and then uninstalled it, some kexts haven't been registering in the cache even though I copy and re-copy them to S/L/E. Had to do some clean installs after that, but still the same result. I also can't boot without FakeID 0x12345678 now.

No RMNE in your DSDT, and no SSDT-RMNE.aml in ACPI/patched, therefore why do you expect NullEthernet.kext to load?
See NullEthernet README on github.

No need for both IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext. Choose only one. Your DSDT is patched for IntelBacklight.kext right now, so you should remove ACPIBacklight.kext.

Your ioreg shows backlight working with IntelBacklight.kext (IntelBacklight.kext has a higher probe score than ACPIBacklight.kext, therefore has priority).

But your backlight controls are not working due to incorrect graphics configuration (graphics drivers not loading). You're injecting an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). You shoud not expect working graphics with an invalid ig-platform-id.

Hmm...I used the patch file that came with NullEthernet in my DSDT, that’s why I thought it may work.

I had to use FakeID 0x12345678 in order for it to boot, otherwise I would get a AppleIntelBDWGraphicsbuffer kernel panic. Even though my DVMT is set to 128mb.

Hmm...I used the patch file that came with NullEthernet in my DSDT, that’s why I thought it may work.

Your DSDT has no such patch applied.

I had to use FakeID 0x12345678 in order for it to boot, otherwise I would get a AppleIntelBDWGraphicsbuffer kernel panic. Even though my DVMT is set to 128mb.

Your DVMT is not 128MB (sounds like you're using Windows to determine, which is as per guide/FAQ, not reliable).

See guide regarding DVMT-prealloc procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Ok, thanks RehabMan.

What about with USBInjectAll? Why is that not loading properly?

Ok, thanks RehabMan.

What about with USBInjectAll? Why is that not loading properly?

Why do you think it is not loading?

Your ioreg proves USBInjectAll is loading/starting as expected:
Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 8.53.11 AM.png

Ok, let me go back and remaster my DSDT and SSDTs and see if that helps. It usually shows my webcam under the system profile, but it’s not there now..

Oh, and I fixed the framebuffer issue, thanks.

Last edited:
Ok, let me go back and remaster my DSDT and SSDTs and see if that helps. It usually shows my webcam under the system profile, but it’s not there now..

Keep in mind your SSDT-UIAC.aml is obviously wrong (UsbConnector values are wrong).
Ports connected to internal devices should be UsbConnector=255.
Read the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Don't forget to check that "fast boot" is disabled in BIOS.

Ok, thanks RehabMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back