Webcam
Keyboard Light
Audio
Wifi (switched to BCM 94352)
Brightness Slider
Powermanagement
Touchscreen (One finger, no Multitouch)

So basically it´s fine BUT:

It very often boots to a blackscreen and i can just work on it with screensharing. I tried almost every possible combination of known configurations namly:
-> Kaby Lake Fake ID + Intel inject Kaby Lake (both valid device IDs for HD 620) + Fake PCIID Kexts
-> No injection, no Fake ID
-> @RehabMan config or HD 620

The result is always the same, once it a while it boots properly to the desktop but most of the time it boots to a black screen.
Whenever it boots to a blackscreen vram is not shown in "about this mac".

I attached my configuration and i hope that someone has any idea how to solve this problem.

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 162
I´m working on the machine with the following specs:

CPU: I7 7500u /HD 620
RAM: 16 GB
Display Full HD & Touchscreen

What works:
USB 2 / 3
Webcam
Keyboard Light
Audio
Wifi (switched to BCM 94352)
Brightness Slider
Powermanagement
Touchscreen (One finger, no Multitouch)

So basically it´s fine BUT:

It very often boots to a blackscreen and i can just work on it with screensharing. I tried almost every possible combination of known configurations namly:
-> Kaby Lake Fake ID + Intel inject Kaby Lake (both valid device IDs for HD 620) + Fake PCIID Kexts
-> No injection, no Fake ID
-> @RehabMan config or HD 620

The result is always the same, once it a while it boots properly to the desktop but most of the time it boots to a black screen.
Whenever it boots to a blackscreen vram is not shown in "about this mac".

I attached my configuration and i hope that someone has any idea how to solve this problem.

Correct plists are available from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I already tried to use your plist (+ lilu & igfxfixup).
I attached my Clover Folder, my own config, IOreg and a picture of the terminal output requested in FAQ.

What did i miss?

I already tried to use your plist (+ lilu & igfxfixup).
I attached my Clover Folder, my own config, IOreg and a picture of the terminal output requested in FAQ.

What did i miss?

The files you attached prove you didn't follow the guide.
"Problem Reporting" files were incomplete. Read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.
For example... Contrary to your claim, there was no ioreg.

Oh sorry, haven´t double checked the package. It´s included now and u hope i got it now :s.

Attachments

• problem reporting.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 127
Oh sorry, haven´t double checked the package. It´s included now and u hope i got it now :s.

The ioreg you attached was not collected after booting with the config.plist you attached (AAPL,ig-platform-id not injected according to ioreg, yet present in config.plist).

Files you provide for "Problem Reporting" must be consistent with each other.

I attached 2 new IOregs. One was taken after a proper boot, the other after a boot to black screen. All files in EFI are the same.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    588.3 KB · Views: 96
  • MacBook Pro Black Screen.ioreg.zip
    587.2 KB · Views: 89
I attached 2 new IOregs. One was taken after a proper boot, the other after a boot to black screen. All files in EFI are the same.

In the black screen case, ioreg shows the internal display was not detected.
You should try injecting EDID.

I tried that, but i did something wrong and the machine boots to black screen again.

I used Edid Viewer on Windows to extract the edid. Result is inside edid full.txt.
According to a tutorial i found, I removed the first line, the first row and all blanks. Afterwards i put it to my config via Clover Configurator.

Config with edid is attached.

Attachments

• edid full.txt
    438 bytes · Views: 119
  • edid.txt
    224 bytes · Views: 137
  • config.plist
    12.3 KB · Views: 207
I tried that, but i did something wrong and the machine boots to black screen again.

I used Edid Viewer on Windows to extract the edid. Result is inside edid full.txt.
According to a tutorial i found, I removed the first line, the first row and all blanks. Afterwards i put it to my config via Clover Configurator.

Config with edid is attached.

The EDID you have in your config.plist is invalid (it is 112 bytes, valid EDID is 128 bytes).
Chances are Clover is detecting your EDID just fine. Check your misc/preboot.log (press F2 in Clover to generate it).
If it is detected ok with Clover, inject with config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true (no need for 'Custom').
If it is not detected, then place a valid EDID in config.plist/Graphcis/EDID/Custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back