Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 5000
CPU
i3-8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
I'm currently using voodoops2 for my track-pad and it works quite well. However, when my computer goes to sleep, it will sometimes disable the scroll function until I reboot it. Also, I can't seem to be able to wake my computer with my track-pad / keyboard, but it works via power button and the lid. Can anyone help me resolve these issues?

Another minor problem that isn't relevant: Chrome won't load (just loads a non-responsive white page that I have to force close) while safari will no longer play videos after waking. This only happens after my laptop goes to sleep.

It's quite difficult to explain, but my computer seems to start having problems after waking up from sleep.
Example: Safari won't play videos, Firefox will crash (once I close tabs) and be unresponsive, Chrome will be unresponsive the moment it is launched.
Rebooting / Shutdowns won't work until a random application (which becomes unresponsive) is force quit.

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I'm currently using voodoops2 for my track-pad and it works quite well. However, when my computer goes to sleep, it will sometimes disable the scroll function until I reboot it.
By looking at your IOREG it seems that you have a I2C Touchpad, you may want to use I2C kext which you can learn more by reading in the FAQ.
But if it works fine with VoodooPS2Controller.kext then simply add coolstar patches that disable the AppleI2C drivers from loading as they are likely interfering during sleep.
Also, I can't seem to be able to wake my computer with my track-pad / keyboard, but it works via power button and the lid.
As far as i know, it's a normal behavior on macOS (for hackintosh hardware).
Another minor problem that isn't relevant: Chrome won't load (just loads a non-responsive white page that I have to force close) while safari will no longer play videos after waking. This only happens after my laptop goes to sleep, but I use firefox now which possesses none of these issues.
Read FAQ, carefully attach all requested "Problem Reporting" files, as the files you attached are incomplete.

By looking at your IOREG it seems that you have a I2C Touchpad, you may want to use I2C kext which you can learn more by reading in the FAQ.
But if it works fine with VoodooPS2Controller.kext then simply add coolstar patches that disable the AppleI2C drivers from loading as they are likely interfering during sleep.

As far as i know, it's a normal behavior on macOS (for hackintosh hardware).

Read FAQ, carefully attach all requested "Problem Reporting" files, as the files you attached are incomplete.

I changed to voodooI2C instead of PS2. The trackpad works perfectly fine after sleep. Thanks for letting me know about the wake on trackpad / keyboard. Moving on.

It's quite difficult to explain, but my computer seems to start having problems after waking up from sleep.
Example: Safari won't play videos, Firefox will crash (once I close tabs) and be unresponsive, Chrome will be unresponsive the moment it is launched.
Rebooting / Shutdowns won't work until a random application (which becomes unresponsive) is force quit.

edit: seems to be random

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Would greatly appreciate assistance on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back