Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 13z (5323) DSDT edit, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530 | HP ProBook 5330m | Intel NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 | Alienware Alpha
CPU
i3-2350m | i3-2350m | i5-4250U | i3-4130T
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | Intel HD 5000 | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M 2989 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, could someone help me edit this DSDT? I have 201 errors while compiling. I removed the ) from line 1320 and it shows up with 1 error after compiling but I can't seem to figure out how to solve that last error. Any help is appreciated, thank you! The specs are as follows:

3rd Generation Intel Core i3-3227U Processor (3M Cache, 1.9 GHz)
6 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
Intel HD 4000

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 107
Hi all, could someone help me edit this DSDT? I have 201 errors while compiling. I removed the ) from line 1320 and it shows up with 1 error after compiling but I can't seem to figure out how to solve that last error. Any help is appreciated, thank you! The specs are as follows:

3rd Generation Intel Core i3-3227U Processor (3M Cache, 1.9 GHz)
6 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
Intel HD 4000

There is really only one problem in this DSDT...

Fix is shown below (//// comments added in front of original lines [starting at 4016]):
Code:
                ////If (Or (_OSI ("Windows 2006"), _OSI ("Windows 2009")))
                ////{
                    Device (MBT1)
                    {
                        Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C32"))
                        Name (_UID, One)
                        Method (GHID, 0, NotSerialized)
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x01
                            })
                        }
                    }

Device (MBT)
                    {
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x02
                            })
                        }
                    }
                ////}

There is really only one problem in this DSDT...

Fix is shown below (//// comments added in front of original lines [starting at 4016]):
Code:
                ////If (Or (_OSI ("Windows 2006"), _OSI ("Windows 2009")))
                ////{
                    Device (MBT1)
                    {
                        Name (_UID, One)
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x01
                            })
                        }
                    }

Device (MBT)
                    {
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x02
                            })
                        }
                    }
                ////}

OMG! Thank you Rehabman. Now, next to the DSDT edits. Which one do you recommend from your list for the Inspiron 13z? I'm using MaciASL and your repository. Thanks!

OMG! Thank you Rehabman. Now, next to the DSDT edits. Which one do you recommend from your list for the Inspiron 13z? I'm using MaciASL and your repository. Thanks!

It depends on the problem you're trying to fix.

And hardware specs...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

It depends on the problem you're trying to fix.

And hardware specs...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Okay, added system specs to my signature. I went ahead and applied these DSDT edits:

Remove _DSM Methods
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
HD4000 Low Resolution
IRQ Fix
SMBUS Fix
RTC Fix
HPET Fix
Add MCHC
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
Fix Mutex
PNOT/PPNT
Add IMEi
DTGP Method
7 Series USB 3

- Patched AppleIntelCPUManagement because I was getting KPed.

- The USB 3.0 showed up correctly under System Profile but I could not see the USB devices when I plugged them in (no power), so I had to install GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0. Is there a way I can fix the USB 3.0 with just DSDT edit? The GenericUSBXHCI kext is giving me problems when I put the laptop to sleep (it tells me that the device wasn't properly disconnected when I have a USB device plugged in)

- As for speedstep, I tried two methods. First, I used the MacBookAir5,2 and the Probook SSDT generator but I got a P Stepper 18 error KP. So then I used Pike's SSDT Generator to generate the SSDT, OSX loads fine but I get only x8.0 via DPCImanager and no other steps. Sleep works (x86 platform & applelpc gets loaded). In both scenarios I used DropSSDT=yes.

Here are the outstanding things I need to do:
Fix USB 3.0 to just using DSDT edit (if possible)
Fix Speedstep
Get Sound to work via DSDT & AppleHDA (I have a Cirrus Logic Codec ID: x10134213) - temporarily using VoodooHDA_V286_Mav
Fix Fn Keys for brightness, etc.
Fix Brightness
Replace Wifi (Right now it has an Intel Card)
Battery Meter Fix

Anything else I'm missing?

Temperature shows ~50C @ x8.0 using HWmonitor. Is that normal? Thanks again.

Okay, added system specs to my signature. I went ahead and applied these DSDT edits:

Remove _DSM Methods
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
HD4000 Low Resolution
IRQ Fix
SMBUS Fix
RTC Fix
HPET Fix
Add MCHC
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
Fix Mutex
PNOT/PPNT
Add IMEi
DTGP Method
7 Series USB 3

DTGP is unnecessary. None of my patches use it.

- Patched AppleIntelCPUManagement because I was getting KPed.

- The USB 3.0 showed up correctly under System Profile but I could not see the USB devices when I plugged them in (no power), so I had to install GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0. Is there a way I can fix the USB 3.0 with just DSDT edit? The GenericUSBXHCI kext is giving me problems when I put the laptop to sleep (it tells me that the device wasn't properly disconnected when I have a USB device plugged in)

That specific problem will not go away when not using GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

For the most part, it is one of the realities of hackintosh (USB is a weak point).

- As for speedstep, I tried two methods. First, I used the MacBookAir5,2 and the Probook SSDT generator but I got a P Stepper 18 error KP. So then I used Pike's SSDT Generator to generate the SSDT, OSX loads fine but I get only x8.0 via DPCImanager and no other steps. Sleep works (x86 platform & applelpc gets loaded). In both scenarios I used DropSSDT=yes.

Make sure you generate your SSDT *after* having rebooted with the new SMBIOS in place.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Here are the outstanding things I need to do:
Fix USB 3.0 to just using DSDT edit (if possible)
Fix Speedstep
Get Sound to work via DSDT & AppleHDA (I have a Cirrus Logic Codec ID: x10134213) - temporarily using VoodooHDA_V286_Mav
Fix Fn Keys for brightness, etc.
Fix Brightness
Replace Wifi (Right now it has an Intel Card)
Battery Meter Fix

Anything else I'm missing?

Temperature shows ~50C @ x8.0 using HWmonitor. Is that normal? Thanks again.

Work on power management first. If you search you'll find plenty of results for brightness fix/battery/etc.

DTGP is unnecessary. None of my patches use it.

That specific problem will not go away when not using GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

For the most part, it is one of the realities of hackintosh (USB is a weak point).

Make sure you generate your SSDT *after* having rebooted with the new SMBIOS in place.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Work on power management first. If you search you'll find plenty of results for brightness fix/battery/etc.

Attached is my ioreg. I did generate SSDT after I put the SMBIOS in place but still get KPed using Probook SSDT generator. Maybe I should attempt to do patch the XCPM kernel?

I'm using this tutorial for the brightness fix: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...screen-using-patched-applebacklight-kext.html

I tried the script but I see no slider bar for brightness, I'll need my own 4x40s_Backlight.plist correct? How do I get one?

**Update 1: I patched XCPM and now I have 4 states, 8, 13, 16, and 19 in DPCIManager. I think speedstep is working now!

Attachments

• 13zIOreg.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
Attached is my ioreg. I did generate SSDT after I put the SMBIOS in place but still get KPed using Probook SSDT generator. Maybe I should attempt to do patch the XCPM kernel?

It could be that the ssdtPRgen.sh script in the PBI is old and a bug in it has since been fixed. The ProBook's don't come with your CPU, so we would not have noticed there.

I'm using this tutorial for the brightness fix: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...screen-using-patched-applebacklight-kext.html
I tried the script but I see no slider bar for brightness, I'll need my own 4x40s_Backlight.plist correct? How do I get one?

If you don't see the brightness slider, then you didn't patch your DSDT correctly...

Easier/better way follows...

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

**Update 1: I patched XCPM and now I have 4 states, 8, 13, 16, and 19 in DPCIManager. I think speedstep is working now!

You shouldn't have to use XCPM but...

Looking at your ioreg, it appears you forgot to use DropSSDT=Yes.

Since I’ve got great success with this system, I’d like to post a tutorial for others who are interested....

Specs:
Dell Inspiron 13z (13Z-3636sLV)
Processor : Intel Core i3-3227U
Resolution : 366x768 @ 13.3”
Ram : 6GB@1600Mhz
Video Card : Intel HD 4000
Chipset : Intel HM77 Chipset
Wifi : Replaced Intel WiFi for a AR9285

Installed 10.9.4 with Unibeast, you will need an external keyboard and mouse once OSX boots up.

How to…
Get video working - use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Get sound working - use VoodooHDA_V286_MAV.pkg
Get trackpad/keyboard working - Use VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Get Wifi working - I swapped out the Intel Wifi for a AR9285 and used toledoARPT.kext. You can use a DSDT edit also but I didn’t bother.
Get USB working - Used GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Here are the DSDT that I used :

Remove _DSM Methods
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
HD4000 Low Resolution
IRQ Fix
SMBUS Fix
RTC Fix
HPET Fix
Add MCHC
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
Fix Mutex
PNOT/PPNT
Add IMEi
DTGP Method
7 Series USB 3
HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix
Battery DSDT edit

For Speedstep to work I had a custom SSDT (Used Probook Installer's generator) and had to patch XCPM on the kernel. I have 4 p-states (8, 13, 16, and 19).

To avoid KP, I patched AICPM.
I used BetterTouchTool to remap my keys for brightness

Attached is my /Extra folder and all kexts, packages, etc.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3 MB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back