1. Apple
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been trying to install OSX on my Dell GX520 Desktop pc. It contains the Pentium D processor.

So far, I can get OSX 10.6.3 on it via the iboot legacy disk and retail disk. Once I get it installed, I run the 10.6.8 combo update, then multibeast. Once I do this, it will no longer boot.

Is this a kernel problem? I have yet to do a -v at boot, but I will try it once I get the machine up again. I was under the impression that the 10.6.8 could run vanilla.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks!

A friend of mine just told me how to get updated. Go to google, type in 10.6.x be being 4, 5, 6, 7,8 download them all from apple, and install them one at a time. the big combo froze my gx620, but when i did them one by one it worked rather well. but i would stop at 10.6.7 and see who has got 10.6.8 to install and go a different route. i did the .8 update and my computer froze again. hope this helps, even though it is a couple months late.

StompBoxJunkie said:
A friend of mine just told me how to get updated. Go to google, type in 10.6.x be being 4, 5, 6, 7,8 download them all from apple, and install them one at a time. the big combo froze my gx620, but when i did them one by one it worked rather well. but i would stop at 10.6.7 and see who has got 10.6.8 to install and go a different route. i did the .8 update and my computer froze again. hope this helps, even though it is a couple months late.

I appreciate your help. I will give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back