Contribute
Register

Dell G7 7790 - USB-C 4k not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - thanks for that, I'll check my settings. Did you manage to get full graphics acceleration - even if at a lower resolution? Also, did you install Catalina or Mojave?

Cool thanks - I can boot the Clover USB fine, it just won't give me an 'Install OSX' option!

It was Catalina. I was able to get 1536 MB on the intel 630, and I believe it was full video acceleration. I don't know why you wouldn't be getting an Install OSX option. It would have to not be seeing your target hard drive as not valid? I honestly have no idea...I might post that on a new thread depending on what OS you are installing.

Thanks Mate - will persevere!

Could you share your config.plist? I've got the osx installer appearing in clover now, but it bombs after a few seconds, so cannot get the installer screen up..

Here you go, I hope it helps...

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.7 KB · Views: 97
Thanks - but still no installer screen :(

I did an OpenCore guide installing Catalina on G7 7588, you could use it with the appropriate modification, for example, CPUFriendDataProvider.kext should be deleted or replaced with one for the 7790, etc.

I did an OpenCore guide installing Catalina on G7 7588, you could use it with the appropriate modification, for example, CPUFriendDataProvider.kext should be deleted or replaced with one for the 7790, etc.
Your guide worked great on my G7 7790 to get OSX installed. The laptop came with RAID, not AHCI set in bios, but I could install with the SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext.
Now I need to get everything working like Ethernet and audio. A bit daunting when you haven’t done this in years but fun nonetheless.

thanks for your guide.

Hackintosh is hardware dependant and everything works with my setup I even have people who confirm 4k tb3 working https://github.com/Juan-VC/Hackintosh-macOS-Catalina-on-Dell-G7-7588. Most people who Hackintosh moved from this forum because of people like you who still don't understand the very basics of a pc, yet comment whatever they have in mind. If it doesn't work with your setup then its because you do not have the EXACT same laptop, my guide has everything working one would like for a Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back