Optiplex 9020 USFF, 16GB RAM
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dell G7 7790 17" laptop

First I want to say thank you to to Rehabman! That dude is a stud. I carefully followed his guide and have most everything working.

Okay, so I have had several hackintoshes, but this is the first laptop I have tried. I have everything I care about working. (I am using USB sound and USB wifi dongles - with a Dell 1550 on the way for Wifi and Bluetooth.)

About the only actual issue that is bothering me is my HDMI and displayport ports both run through the video card, so they won't work on a mac. Luckily I do have one USB-C port that works great on my LG 4k monitor--except for one thing. The max resolution is 1440p instead of 4k. I boot into windows 10 and 4k is available and works.

I am using Whatevergreen and I have it using the -cdfon and enable-hdmi20 on the boot arguments (among others).

I am using an ig-platform-id of 0x3E9B0000 and I don't possess the ability to change my NVRAM in my bios.

Is there something quick I am missing that I may have overlooked?

Thanks!

P.S., the port really does work great, just at 1440p only. I can pull out the cable and plug it in and everything works great. I can switch to different monitors. I haven't had a single kernel panic on this machine. I don't even have to plug in the monitor before boot.

Okay, so I downloaded hackintool, and see I have several kexts out of date. I am going to update those when I get back later and see if it helps.

Updated and still no dice...ah well. If anyone has any ideas, I would be very interested.

I have try to use Hackintosh tools it is working by choose patch section and advance then we can generate patch on device section on config plist
Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 4.26.17 PM.png

Thanks! I think this is what I needed.

Hi Eltos - I have the same lappy as you but I cannot get the booted usb clover to give me an option to install osx? Could you share your clover setup? Did you have any issues?
Thanks
Jim

Jimbly, sorry I decided to forego the hackintosh on the laptop. I still have my hackintosh tower that I am using, and I just use splashtop to remote back. Seems to work fine...sorry. I will say when I got it working, I mostly used the default options from the laptop links.

Ah ok - I just cannot get Clover to give me an option to install OSX.. 5 windows options though!
Did you have to enable/disable anything in the bios?

I bet it has to do with the UEFI settings. You need to disable windows boot I bet. I honestly just followed the guide and matched it up with my settings: Rehabman's Guide for Laptops

BIOS settings

In order to boot the Clover from the USB, you should visit your BIOS settings:
- "VT-d" (virtualization for directed i/o) should be disabled if possible (the config.plist includes dart=0 in case you can't do this)
- "DEP" (data execution prevention) should be enabled for OS X
- "secure boot " should be disabled
- "legacy boot" optional (recommend enabled, but boot UEFI if you have it)
- "CSM" (compatibility support module) enabled or disabled (varies) (recommend enabled, but boot UEFI)
- "fast boot" (if available) should be disabled.
- "boot from USB" or "boot from external" enabled
- SATA mode (if available) should be AHCI
- TPM should be disabled

Note: If you get a "garbled" screen when booting the installer in UEFI mode, enable legacy boot and/or CSM in BIOS (but still boot UEFI). Enabling legacy boot/CSM generally tends to clear that problem.

Other drawbacks to using this machine: battery life was around 50 minutes. I thought that was bad and it is, but in Windows it is about 75 minutes. So.....it's a gaming machine beast. Not so good at battery life. The fans were always blasting on full. The brightness controls didn't work - no biggie. I didn't get sleep working either. Also the USB-C port is the only one available not through the nVidia 2060. That means no 4k. Anyway, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back