CPU
i7-2630QM/HM65
Graphics
HD 5730/6570M – 2560x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Mac OS Catalina - Dell G5 5590 Coffee Lake i7-9750H - Chipset intel HM 370 - video Intel UHD 630 + Nvidea RTX 2060.

I got everything working, except for;

1) Ethernet card, wich is a Killer E2500 v2, Looks like nobody got it working (the version 2, I mean, because its known that the version 1 works with AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext) so I’m restricted to wireless and its ok for now.

2) Wireless card, no problem I got a TPLink dongle

3) Thunderbolt Display - and that’s why I’m here asking for help, because an external monitor is what I really need.

The notebook has these video ports:

1 HDMI
1 Minidisplayport
1 Thunderbolt 3.0 - USB-C - Intel JHL6340 (Alpine Ridge 2C 2016)

I have Triple boot, and the thunderbolt display works out of the box on windows and linux , using a generic USB-C to HDMI adapter.

On Windows, the properties of the monitor shows that HDMI out and Minidisplayport out are connected to the NVidea RTX2060, which I’m aware that will never work.

But the Thunderbolt out video (with USB-C to HDMI adaptor) and the built in monitor are reported by Windows as connected to the the Integrated Intel UHD 630.

So I believe that Thunderbolt 3.0 to external monitor must be possible, but after trying for days I came to the conclusion that I won’t be able to find the solution by myself.

That’s why I’m here to ask for help from the masters. Probably it will take patches to work it out, and it’s beyond my capacities for now.

On BIOS I have only these options:

TB Disabled

TB Enabled: Allow TB boot
Disable TB Boot

Bios assisted enumeration
Native enumeration

On Windows, even with thunderbolt disabled I get video signal on the same USB-C port (I`m not not sure what’s happening here, maybe the USB-c port is working as mini display port?)

The IOREG attached was extracted with TB enabled on BIOS, native enumeration checked and the USB-C to HDMI adapter connected an the monitor on, right after a Windows shut down where TB video was working. I couldn`t see a difference on the IOREG with boot TB enabled or disabled on BIOS.

What I have already tried:

TB3-enabler, by KhaosT and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Thanks.

Attachments

• screen print -kexts on library:extensions.jpeg.zip
    238.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Thank, Trizel,
I will try your sugestions and soon will be back with the results

I got it working!!

Now i have external monitor via Thunderbolt 3.

Windows (on monitor properties) reports that the correct framebuffer is 0x3E9B0009 and not the default 0x3EA50009.

Then i used Hackingtool to make the patch starting from the config.plist posted on the UHD630 thread.

Still no sound via Thunderbolt, though, only analogic sound via headphone jack or buit in speakers.

Attached, my config.plist

Now the last problem is the Ethernet Killer E2500 v2.

Last edited:
Hi, don't know if you already solved your issue, but I got my Killer E2500 V2 working with RealtekRTL8111.kext.

To make it work, you have to open Info.plist inside driver and change OSBundleRequired value from Network-Root to Root.

Hope it help!

I got it working!!

Windows (on monitor properties) reports that the correct framebuffer is 0x3E9B0009 and not the default 0x3EA50009.

Then i used Hackingtool to make the patch starting from the config.plist posted on the UHD630 thread.

Still no sound via Thunderbolt, though, only analogic sound via headphone jack or buit in speakers.

there no attach

I got it working!!

Hi!
Can you explain how you checked from windows? thanks in advance

I my case changing framebuffer address doesnt worked.
But after set model to MacBook Pro 13", thunderbolt worked in charm!

Yes, I could only get it working with MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS. With MacBookPro16,1 it only work if you don't disable dGPU, after using some form of dGPU disable (-wegnoegpu, device property or SSDT) the external display won't connect. Tried changing Bus ID and a lot of things, but couldn't get it working with 16,1. I read somewhere that SMBIOS with dGPU expect the video out from it, that's why MacBookPro15,2 works (only have iGPU).

My setup is quite stable now (https://github.com/leocg/Hackintosh-Dell-G5-5590). The only problem I have is the laptop freezing after unplugging for the second time in a row. I created a new EFI from scratch to identify the problem and found out that when I disable the dGPU I get the freeze issue.

Do you have this plug disconnection freeze too? If not, how are you disabling nVidia GPU in your build? Methods I already tried:
- wegnogpu
- device properties adding nVidia device and disabling it
- Optimus method
- Bumblebee method

Sleep works just fine and if I remove the power chord with the laptop sleeping, it won't freeze. The only scenario is unplugging, plugging and unplugging. After the second unplug it freezes instantly. The files attached are the ones I'm using right now to disable, it keeps disabled after wake up too.

Attachments

• SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml
    256 bytes · Views: 52
  • SSDT-PTSWAK.aml
    449 bytes · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back