Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Just started looking at this a couple of days ago (didn't know it COULD be done before that!) and am really keen to get started on it.

I jumped in boots and all and figured i'd try to get Mavericks up and running straight away, figuring there'd be compatibility issues. However, from the very outset i've been battling with a weird screen issue even on the installer.

IMG_0101.JPG

The screen is fine in the bootloader but as soon as you go to install, this is the result. It's also only showing half the screen through this mess. It works fine, i've installed and played around - but it's not exactly ideal :)

Cheers!

Hi guys,

Just started looking at this a couple of days ago (didn't know it COULD be done before that!) and am really keen to get started on it.

I jumped in boots and all and figured i'd try to get Mavericks up and running straight away, figuring there'd be compatibility issues. However, from the very outset i've been battling with a weird screen issue even on the installer.

View attachment 72011

The screen is fine in the bootloader but as soon as you go to install, this is the result. It's also only showing half the screen through this mess. It works fine, i've installed and played around - but it's not exactly ideal :)

Cheers!

Please fill out your profile to reflect your detailed specs.

And what is your screen resolution?

Sorry about that... There you go... Runs at 1600x900 Native.

Sorry about that... There you go... Runs at 1600x900 Native.

You need to patch your DSDT.

See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch. Apply these patches:
"HD3000 High Resolution"
"Brightness Fix"
optional: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (sometimes it can cause errors, but if it works, it is a good idea as it enables power management for graphics)

For booting now, you can try: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml

Download the file, place it in /Extra/ssdt.aml on the USB stick. The /Extra folder is generally hidden, so you'll have to navigate there with Finder's Go To Folder option.

.aml file placed in /Extra.
IMG_0102.JPG
Same deal on installer - Multibeast fine, then install has purple barsand desktop size incorrect (as though extended across two desktops).

Going to install now and see what happens with the DSDT applied.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 313
LOL ok, that post is messed up... but you get the gist!

Update...

I Hooked up a secondary screen. If i switch to it once the apple logo has disappeared the secondary screen looks like this:
IMG_0103.JPG

If switch at bootup then I get a 'workable' view on the secondary screen, like this:

IMG_0104.JPG

.aml file placed in /Extra.
View attachment 72041
Same deal on installer - Multibeast fine, then install has purple barsand desktop size incorrect (as though extended across two desktops).

Going to install now and see what happens with the DSDT applied.

Multibeast? I thought you have not been able to reach the installer?

Post your DSDT... I'd like to see if the SSDT is having any effect...

Sorry - mtubeast may have been the wrong terminology (pretty sure it was).

let me recap.

The boot loader works fine.
the weird screens start after the apple logo disappears, just before the language selection appears.

I'm not even sure where to get the DSDT from at this point, I'll have a hunt and get back to you.

(Pardon the noob!)

cheers

Sorry - mtubeast may have been the wrong terminology (pretty sure it was).

let me recap.

The boot loader works fine.
the weird screens start after the apple logo disappears, just before the language selection appears.

I'm not even sure where to get the DSDT from at this point, I'll have a hunt and get back to you.

(Pardon the noob!)

cheers

See here for how to extract in Linux: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back