Contribute
Register

Dell E6320 Trackpad issue - Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I can expect more the Alps pad. It is a basic flat pad (without active side) who is giving only basic features on windows 8.
Now is is working with a patched version of ApplePS2Controller.kext and have exactly the same functions (pad and stick) as under windows, mouse movement and click on the pad.
ApplePS2Controller/ApplePS2MouseDevice/ApplePS2Mouse HIDDeviceEventID = 0xa31720

The only reasons for trying my driver (without trackpad kext) are these:
- there are few extra features in the mouse driver if you set ActLikeTrackpad in the mouse Info.plist
- you have much greater control over keyboard mapping (via keyboard Info.plist) for custom keyboard mapping of various media keys (Fn+Fkeys)
- ability to try/debug bpedman code... (if you have some dev experience)

The only reasons for trying my driver (without trackpad kext) are these:
- there are few extra features in the mouse driver if you set ActLikeTrackpad in the mouse Info.plist
- you have much greater control over keyboard mapping (via keyboard Info.plist) for custom keyboard mapping of various media keys (Fn+Fkeys)
- ability to try/debug bpedman code... (if you have some dev experience)

Hello RehabMan,
I got an other modified version of your code (from Jake Lo). I don't know if I am allowed to put here the link to the site.

Keyboard and buttons are working. Stick is working (but too fast), and some problems on the sliders for scrolling.

On pad: mouse mouvements are working, side scrolling is working, 2 fingers scroll is working. Tap double tap on pad are not working.

Prefpane is displaying, I don't really understand the controls to try them (seems to have no effect).
(With previous driver: for pad only mouse movements and tap on pad were working)
I did not install the deamon.

Thanks for your help.

Hello RehabMan,
I got an other modified version of your code (from Jake Lo). I don't know if I am allowed to put here the link to the site.

Keyboard and buttons are working. Stick is working (but too fast), and some problems on the sliders for scrolling.

On pad: mouse mouvements are working, side scrolling is working, 2 fingers scroll is working. Tap double tap on pad are not working.

Prefpane is displaying, I don't really understand the controls to try them (seems to have no effect).
(With previous driver: for pad only mouse movements and tap on pad were working)
I did not install the deamon.

Thanks for your help.

There is no "Jake Lo" fork that I know of.

There is no "Jake Lo" fork that I know of.

In fact after explanation all is working.
Central button is enabling the scroll with the stick.
Speed and click on pad can be corrected as the standard apple prefpan is working.

Keyboard ok (including the additionnal key of French keyboard, light+ and-, sleep...)
Stick working with central key controlling scroll
Pad ok with clic on, 2 finger and side scroll
Dell Latitude E6320 Mavericks

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1554-dell-latitude-e6320-thread/page-3

In fact after explanation all is working.
Central button is enabling the scroll with the stick.
Speed and click on pad can be corrected as the standard apple prefpan is working.

Keyboard ok (including the additionnal key of French keyboard, light+ and-, sleep...)
Stick working with central key controlling scroll
Pad ok with clic on, 2 finger and side scroll
Dell Latitude E6320 Mavericks

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1554-dell-latitude-e6320-thread/page-3

That is bpedman branch of my VoodooPS2 kext.

Hi,

I installed Mavericks on a Dell E6320.
First difficulty, it is not booting on Unibeast standard USB. It is due to "AppleACPIPlatform.kext", you should use an earlier version.
Wifi is not supported, it is easy to solve replacing the card by a Dell 1510 (6€ on ebay).
I found also a patched "AppleHDA.kext" for IDT 92HD90BXX sound card that is working.

Problem is "Dual Pointing Keyboard". It is Alps model with a pad and a stick (same as E6520).
I tried many "solutions" at best I got the keyboard working and eratic work of the pad and stick.
I tried "RehabMan-Voodoo-2013-0918", Multibeast for PS2, some "ApplePS2Controller.kext" + "AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext"
I got one solution that worked only once and not after reboot even after reinstall (I don't understand why it is working only once).

Need help, if some one have a solution or understand the issue of working only once...
Thanks in advance

How do you patched the sound card working? I have a Dell Latitude E6320 (same as you), if you would, can you share your AppleHDA.kext because I tried to patch my but not work

I did use Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher but no sound at all.
I have a Dell Latitude E6320
Specs:
Dell Latitude E6320
4GB RAM DDR3
Intel Core i7-2550K
Audio: IDT 92HD90BXX
I need to patch AppleHDA

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back