Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I installed Mavericks on a Dell E6320.
First difficulty, it is not booting on Unibeast standard USB. It is due to "AppleACPIPlatform.kext", you should use an earlier version.
Wifi is not supported, it is easy to solve replacing the card by a Dell 1510 (6€ on ebay).
I found also a patched "AppleHDA.kext" for IDT 92HD90BXX sound card that is working.

Problem is "Dual Pointing Keyboard". It is Alps model with a pad and a stick (same as E6520).
I tried many "solutions" at best I got the keyboard working and eratic work of the pad and stick.
I tried "RehabMan-Voodoo-2013-0918", Multibeast for PS2, some "ApplePS2Controller.kext" + "AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext"
I got one solution that worked only once and not after reboot even after reinstall (I don't understand why it is working only once).

Need help, if some one have a solution or understand the issue of working only once...
Thanks in advance

Hi,

I installed Mavericks on a Dell E6320.
First difficulty, it is not booting on Unibeast standard USB. It is due to "AppleACPIPlatform.kext", you should use an earlier version.
Wifi is not supported, it is easy to solve replacing the card by a Dell 1510 (6€ on ebay).
I found also a patched "AppleHDA.kext" for IDT 92HD90BXX sound card that is working.

Problem is "Dual Pointing Keyboard". It is Alps model with a pad and a stick (same as E6520).
I tried many "solutions" at best I got the keyboard working and eratic work of the pad and stick.
I tried "RehabMan-Voodoo-2013-0918", Multibeast for PS2, some "ApplePS2Controller.kext" + "AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext"
I got one solution that worked only once and not after reboot even after reinstall (I don't understand why it is working only once).

Need help, if some one have a solution or understand the issue of working only once...
Thanks in advance

Did you try bpedman branch of my VoodooPS2?

Did you try bpedman branch of my VoodooPS2?

Thanks for your answer.
I seen the following page:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/pull/2
I used to program in C/C++ on PC (Visual C++), unfortunatly I have no experience on Mac and I am unable to make the kext from the sources.
When I used the prepared version "RehabMan-Voodoo-2013-0918" I thought that I was trying the same.
(I installed the kxext, the Daemon, copy the plist changed my version of FakeSMC.kext, it seemed to have no effect). May be I made something wrong, or I should have used the debug version.

What is your recommendation and if possible a link to get started?

Thanks for your answer.
I seen the following page:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/pull/2
I used to program in C/C++ on PC (Visual C++), unfortunatly I have no experience on Mac and I am unable to make the kext from the sources.
When I used the prepared version "RehabMan-Voodoo-2013-0918" I thought that I was trying the same.
(I installed the kxext, the Daemon, copy the plist changed my version of FakeSMC.kext, it seemed to have no effect). May be I made something wrong, or I should have used the debug version.

What is your recommendation and if possible a link to get started?

If you want to build from my branch bpedman_merge, you can. It is experimental and may not work for you (I think there are many different versions of ALPS, each incompatible with each other... so work done for one, doesn't work on another). I have no ALPS hardware, so this is just work bpedman did, pulled into mine.

But download/clone from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/tree/bpedman_merge

With xcode and xcode command line tools installed, you can 'cd' to that directory and type 'make'. You should setup your xcode prefs so build products go relative to the project, otherwise the built kexts go to some random hard to find place...

My pre-built kexts are not from that branch, they are from 'master' which does not include bpedman's work.

If you want to build from my branch bpedman_merge, you can. It is experimental and may not work for you (I think there are many different versions of ALPS, each incompatible with each other... so work done for one, doesn't work on another). I have no ALPS hardware, so this is just work bpedman did, pulled into mine.

But download/clone from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/tree/bpedman_merge

With xcode and xcode command line tools installed, you can 'cd' to that directory and type 'make'. You should setup your xcode prefs so build products go relative to the project, otherwise the built kexts go to some random hard to find place...

My pre-built kexts are not from that branch, they are from 'master' which does not include bpedman's work.

I will try to make the build, test this WE and report...

I found a working Kext: stick, pad, buttons are working. On pad double click is ok but no multigesture.
Not perfect but very usable.

I made the build with xcode under Mavericks.
Keyboard is working. Pad and stick are inactive.

Check your system.log/ioreg to see what is loading. bpedman wrote it only for a specific version of ALPS. It could be yours is not compatible.

I killed the test configuration. I am using an other kext which is giving the same fonctionality as in windows (stick and pad working but no mutigesture, only pointing and click on pad). It is seen as a mouse.
I can extract ioreg only with this configuration if any interrest.
All is working except SD reader.

I killed the test configuration. I am using an other kext which is giving the same fonctionality as in windows (stick and pad working but no mutigesture, only pointing and click on pad). It is seen as a mouse.
I can extract ioreg only with this configuration if any interrest.
All is working except SD reader.

If you want only mouse emulation, you can simply remove PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext. You'll end up with VoodooPS2Mouse.kext loading instead.

If you want only mouse emulation, you can simply remove PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext. You'll end up with VoodooPS2Mouse.kext loading instead.

I don't know what I can expect more the Alps pad. It is a basic flat pad (without active side) who is giving only basic features on windows 8.
Now is is working with a patched version of ApplePS2Controller.kext and have exactly the same functions (pad and stick) as under windows, mouse movement and click on the pad.
ApplePS2Controller/ApplePS2MouseDevice/ApplePS2Mouse HIDDeviceEventID = 0xa31720

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back