Contribute
Register

Dell 7566

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how correct your system configuration is.
Keep in mind CoreDisplay must be repatched after installing (will need to use invalid ig-platform-id until you do that).

This may sound stupid but this you wrote made me thinking...all the patches will add in config.plist should be disabled after first time boot and kextcache (disable tick in clover conf.)? Somewhere i read that you wrote after first reboot to kextcache because the patches applied after first boot. So after reboot-kextcache-reboot we should tick disable to patches which already applied? This is a cause sometimes restart/shutdown stall or starting with black screen?

This may sound stupid but this you wrote made me thinking...all the patches will add in config.plist should be disabled after first time boot and kextcache (disable tick in clover conf.)? Somewhere i read that you wrote after first reboot to kextcache because the patches applied after first boot. So after reboot-kextcache-reboot we should tick disable to patches which already applied? This is a cause sometimes restart/shutdown stall or starting with black screen?

Not possible to answer such a general/vague question.
Obviously, the applicability of a particular patch depends on the patch, hardware, and the version of macOS/OS X.

Attachments

• Dell_7566_Rehabman.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
Ok regarding the disabling nvidia prob. here are the problem reporting files.
If you need anything else let me know

Thanks in advance

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. DropOem=true must be used with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
And you need all static SSDTs in ACPI/patched:
Code:
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-16.aml
SSDT-17.aml
SSDT-18.aml

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get macOS Sierra working on this Dell 7566:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ
16GB RAM DDR4
M.2 SSD 128GB
SATA SSD 500GB
1920x1080
NVIDIA GTX 960 4GB

I've tried to follow this thread that is for the previous model: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-15-7559-sierra-install.201576/

I can get the system boot by the USB with the clover configuration attached.
But everytime i try to boot from clover installed on the sata SSD i get this error: "can't perform kext scan no kext summary"

I've tried to change the clover config SMBIOS to something like 13.2 or 13.3 using latest Clover Configurator (generating everything in another file and copying only the SMBIOS part into the clover config) but everytime i try to change that i get this other error: "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform".

What can i do?

I attach my HDD clover folder and usb clover folder.

The USB Clover folder also contains my original SSDT extracted from latest BIOS into ACPI/origin folder.
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get macOS Sierra working on this Dell 7566:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ
16GB RAM DDR4
M.2 SSD 128GB
SATA SSD 500GB
1920x1080
NVIDIA GTX 960 4GB

I've tried to follow this thread that is for the previous model: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-15-7559-sierra-install.201576/

I can get the system boot by the USB with the clover configuration attached.
But everytime i try to boot from clover installed on the sata SSD i get this error: "can't perform kext scan no kext summary"

I've tried to change the clover config SMBIOS to something like 13.2 or 13.3 using latest Clover Configurator (generating everything in another file and copying only the SMBIOS part into the clover config) but everytime i try to change that i get this other error: "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform".

What can i do?

I attach my HDD clover folder and usb clover folder.

The USB Clover folder also contains my original SSDT extracted from latest BIOS into ACPI/origin folder.

i have same laptop can you please use your USB Clover with me

i have same laptop can you please use your USB Clover with me

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back