Contribute
Register

Dell 5558 Broadwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the folder that contains your DSDT and SSDT files extracted via Clover F4.

this files are in origin i extracted using via Clover F4
there are many files in it so which files should apply those commands on it?
and which files to remove from in this folder and perform those commands?

and after where to put those files??

So i have to perform same to same as shown in this video for my laptop dell 5558
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwj4IF0Wos

after where to put all those files?

Attachments

• origin.zip
    82 KB · Views: 91
this files are in origin i extracted using via Clover F4
there are many files in it so which files should apply those commands on it?
and which files to remove from in this folder and perform those commands?

and after where to put those files??

As described in the guide, place all DSDT and SSDT files in a single directory. Then follow the guide as written. As mentioned in the guide, duplicate SSDTs with Clover F4 are common. In your case, SSDT-3x.aml and SSDT-1.aml are duplicate (note the files have the same exact size). So be sure to remove SSDT-3x.aml before disassembly.

Your DSDT has quite a bit of invalid code, so you'll have some fixing to do...

In particular this code in method _CRS:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._RW, ECRW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
                    Store (Zero, ECRW (If (PM0H)
                            {
                                CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, F0LN)  // _LEN: Length
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }))
                }

Doesn't make any sense (ECRW is a method: cannot be used as a Store target, cannot be used to create a bitfield).

Comment it out:
Code:
[B]/* commented this block [/B]
If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
{
    {
        Store (Zero, F0LN)
    }))
}
[B] end of commented block */[/B]

And the DSDT needs "Fix ADBG Error". Those two fixes results in a DSDT.dsl with no errors.

As described in the guide, place all DSDT and SSDT files in a single directory. Then follow the guide as written. As mentioned in the guide, duplicate SSDTs with Clover F4 are common. In your case, SSDT-3x.aml and SSDT-1.aml are duplicate (note the files have the same exact size). So be sure to remove SSDT-3x.aml before disassembly.

Your DSDT has quite a bit of invalid code, so you'll have some fixing to do...

In particular this code in method _CRS:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                            {
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }))
                }

Doesn't make any sense (ECRW is a method: cannot be used as a Store target, cannot be used to create a bitfield).

Comment it out:
Code:
[B]/* commented this block [/B]
If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
{
    {
        Store (Zero, F0LN)
    }))
}
[B] end of commented block */[/B]

And the DSDT needs "Fix ADBG Error". Those two fixes results in a DSDT.dsl with no errors.

these files i collected in origin folder.
i download MACasl for edit DSDT/SSDT
i perform terminal commanding but don't know how to fix errors and i also don't understand those errors
how to repair so i request you to please help me how to resolve or please check attachment and if you can so give proper repair these files...

and sorry to say that about your post this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

i am not getting it will you please make it easier and explain in better way so that new comers can understand well???

Thanking you

Attachments

• origin files.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 78
these files i collected in origin folder.
i download MACasl for edit DSDT/SSDT
i perform terminal commanding but don't know how to fix errors and i also don't understand those errors
how to repair so i request you to please help me how to resolve or please check attachment and if you can so give proper repair these files...

and sorry to say that about your post this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

i am not getting it will you please make it easier and explain in better way so that new comers can understand well???

Thanking you

Read post #152. It cannot be made any more clear, any more simple.

For the novice, it is difficult and requires learning.

Read post #152. It cannot be made any more clear, any more simple.

For the novice, it is difficult and requires learning.

how to patch?

i disassemble all *.aml file and after i open DSDT.dsl file and click on patch but there is nothing for patch???

what to do please check the image

Attachments

• DSC05436.jpg
    DSC05436.jpg
    764.8 KB · Views: 82
how to patch?

i disassemble all *.aml file and after i open DSDT.dsl file and click on patch but there is nothing for patch???

what to do please check the image

The README at my github patch repo has instructions for correct MaciASL preferences setup. Did you read other?

The README at my github patch repo has instructions for correct MaciASL preferences setup. Did you read other?

i opened maciasl and it loads default system DSDT file and they have errors
i read it well but there are many errors in my DSDT.aml file i don't know how to resolve it
please tell me what to do?
please see the image and give me instruction according to it??

how to solve these error and which file should i use from the repo for patch and solve this???

i have 58 errors in my DSDT.dsl after disassemble as per DSDT post in terminal so what to do now?

how to resolve those problems?DSC05438.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05437.jpg
    DSC05437.jpg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 84
i opened maciasl and it loads default system DSDT file and they have errors

You're doing it wrong. Please follow the guide.

You will never get through this if you continue to ignore advice and continue to ignore what is written in the guide.

You're doing it wrong. Please follow the guide.

You will never get through this if you continue to ignore advice and continue to ignore what is written in the guide.

can i get wifi card for laptop so i can use wifi coz i can't get everywhere lan cable so.

and which wifi card is bets for my laptop and please give proper link and with model no
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back