Contribute
Register

Dell 5378 2-1 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to attempt 10.14.4 update this weekend. Problems I expect will be in the HDMI port. That was an issue with updating to 10.14.3 which I passed on solving for the time being. Updates to follow.

Updated to Mojave 10.14.4. Only issue is the hdmi port does not work and causes a reboot if I plug in. I'll have to debug as I don't remember what I did to fix before.

Fixed by accident by using new drivers and quick test with MultiBeast latest. I'll need to fine tune the SSDT and report the correct platform, but it's working for now. Battery doesn't display due to the wrong SSDT. Little by little, but all is working hardware wise.

All fixed with the right SMBIOS declared as a MacBookPro 14,1. Works perfectly and all is solid. Successful and easy.

Ok now have 10.14.5. Went ahead and tried the i2c patches to get more out of the touchscreen. I wanted to update the kexts for audio and usb as well but everything is working as is. I’ll likely update them and test but this is a solid update.

could I see either of your EFI folder for 5378 Mojave? I am getting stuck.

Hello thedocbwarren, I am trying to setup an Inspiron 5378 hackintosh with Mojave. Do you still have that laptop?

Do you mind sharing the latest EFI?

Thanks

I do have it, I'm not sure mine is the best since I have not updated to the latest clover yet (no need till I get to Catalina.)

Hello thedocbwarren, I am trying to setup an Inspiron 5378 hackintosh with Mojave. Do you still have that laptop?

Do you mind sharing the latest EFI?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back