OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.0) on a Dell Inspiron 15r n5050

Motherboard: Intel FP8FN
CPU: Quad core i5 Sandy Bridge @ 2.55 ghz
RAM: 6gb DDR3
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8105E-VB
Wifi: Atheros AR5B225
HDD: 1TB Seagate
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 Integrated

This thing is a total nightmare. The resource CD for it doesn't have drivers for the wifi card even for windows (it has 5, but non apply to it) ...I actually opened it up and found an Atheros AR5B225 card in it, which Dell support insists that they never put in those machines. Of course it came from them that way. Sealed, new, in box.

Does anyone have a DSDT for this motherboard? I tried using DSDTE and auto-fixing on compile, but without any luck. I've tried installing this OS X app that I seem to have wasted my money on 37 times to date, over the course of 2 weeks. I've gotten it to actually boot up twice, but ethernet, wifi, laptop builtin keyboard, touchpad and sound didn't work. So when I tried adding kexts, it KP'd over and over until I tried a new install.

So help with a DSDT would be really, really nice.

Regards

I've gotten my hack running on my own without a DSDT. Almost all systems are running flawlessly. If anyone has this model and wants help, message me for the method.

I have a similar N5050 with an i3 2.3ghz and HD3000 video. Any help you could provide from your experience would be much appreciated.

Ive managed to get most of it working but not 100%

Good day to you,i am following up on the offer to help regarding the Dell inspiron N5050.I have no success so far getting it to boot without uniboot.I have several crashes with the audio kext etc.Can you please help.Can you outline the method used?Im using mountain lion 10.8.2

I'm on this board because I too am having issues getting my n5050 to work. Would you mind passing on your instructions? Many thanks!

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.0) on a Dell Inspiron 15r n5050

Motherboard: Intel FP8FN
CPU: Quad core i5 Sandy Bridge @ 2.55 ghz
RAM: 6gb DDR3
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8105E-VB
Wifi: Atheros AR5B225
HDD: 1TB Seagate
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 Integrated

This thing is a total nightmare. The resource CD for it doesn't have drivers for the wifi card even for windows (it has 5, but non apply to it) ...I actually opened it up and found an Atheros AR5B225 card in it, which Dell support insists that they never put in those machines. Of course it came from them that way. Sealed, new, in box.

Does anyone have a DSDT for this motherboard? I tried using DSDTE and auto-fixing on compile, but without any luck. I've tried installing this OS X app that I seem to have wasted my money on 37 times to date, over the course of 2 weeks. I've gotten it to actually boot up twice, but ethernet, wifi, laptop builtin keyboard, touchpad and sound didn't work. So when I tried adding kexts, it KP'd over and over until I tried a new install.

So help with a DSDT would be really, really nice.

Regards

did you manage to get wifi to work?

Would you mind telling me your method on how you got your n5050 to work because I too cannot find the dsdt for the motherboard.

thanks

dom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back