ATI Radeon HD 4800 series
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys

I have been having my hackintosh for a long time now, and yesterday I updated the apple software. After the update, my sound didn't work, so I opened Multibeast and decided to install audio kexts (not sure if Im saying it right). It didn't work so I decided to install all the kext files from the audio folder. This resulted in a panic when I booted my system today, and now Im sitting in terminal, trying to figure how to delete my VoodooHDA.kext file (because I think it is the problem). Does anyone know how to find my kext file in terminal and then delete it?

Motherboard: MSI P55 CD53 - realtek ALC889

Thank You!

kextunload system\library\extensions\VoodooHDA.kext

kext files are actually folders and they are usually installed in /System/Library/Extensions

To delete them: rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

Or the method that I prefer is just to move them out of the /S/L/E folder to a /backup folder (or whatever you decide to name it)

mv /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /backup

The extensions cache should be rebuilt automatically if you do either of the above.

kext files are actually folders and they are usually installed in /System/Library/Extensions

To delete them: rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

Or the method that I prefer is just to move them out of the /S/L/E folder to a /backup folder (or whatever you decide to name it)

mv /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /backup

The extensions cache should be rebuilt automatically if you do either of the above.

Gosh! I wish I had found this thread yesterday. Spent a LOT of time rebooting and restoring from my backups. Thanks for the great tip!

Thanks for the advice, I did what you said, but when I try to boot now it hangs on the apple logo (spining wheel). Do you have any idea what to do?

Or is there somehow I can get into my Lion partition from another partition?

If you have a disk or partition of Windows that you boot from and you need to access your files on your Mac partition, you can do the following:

For this purpose you'll need to use the MacDrive application. This application is installed on Windows and can display Macintosh Hard Drives inside "My Computer", as if they are normal Windows partitions; you can read, write and files if you so desire.

Install the program, reboot and access your OS X drives from the Hackintosh dual boot, or from USB external Time-Machine.

This'll be handy when you're getting kernel panics for some reason and need to access your files.

Hi. I have a problem with deleting kexts. Everytime I delete a kext from S/L/E with the terminal, the system wont boot. I bootet with verbose mode and took a picture of it.
Desktop Only.

Gosh! I wish I had found this thread yesterday. Spent a LOT of time rebooting and restoring from my backups. Thanks for the great tip!
Omg this helped me alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back