Contribute
Register

Deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext WONT BOOT! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77M
CPU
Intel Core i3-3225
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165

I deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext like sugjested above and ran kext utility, now i get a kernal panic on boot. how can i fix this. can i restore if i plug into another pc and move the kext back into place? something? bootflags? HELP!

Edit: I did backup to the desktop...

reason you are getting a kernel panic on boot after deleting nullcpu is that you need to patch the appleintelcpumanagement.kext on asus 1155 boards.

if you are on snow leopard, boot up with iboot and reinstall nullcpu, or patch the aicpum kext using speedstepper
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=258611

Lion, and its an ASRock board. I tried putting the hdd in another computer ad moving the kext back into place, but still not working, just hangs on the apple logo.

I tried booting from my lion usb, but was unable to find anything that would left me fix it from there. not sure how to run commands to the hdd from usb. Or even if I have the right idea in mind at all. Could you explain further?

try and boot in with -usekernelcache=no

samisnake said:
try and boot in with -usekernelcache=no

Unfortunately this does not appear to fix the problem.

Can I run some command from the unibeast installer to like repair permissions or whatever? since I did move it back into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back