XFX 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I know there is already a topic pertaining to this matter - but i have a slightly different issue.

When I was getting Lion up and running, something would always happen due to either stupidity or ignorance and it would cause a KP. After the 3rd time starting from scratch with SL and working my way up to lion I made "emergency" drives along the way. For instance when I had SL all updated to 10.6.8 and had lion downloaded I would make a small partition and use a cloning app called SuperDuper so in the event of another mess up, I could at least boot back from there. Then, when I got lion installed and all my drivers and such in place I did the same thing.

Issue now, is I have about 4 com.apple.Boot.plist files, and I have no idea which one actually has the copy of Chimera my computer boots from.

When I boot up, Chimera defaults on the Snow Leopard emergency drive - so I deduced that must be the one. So, trying to change it to my everyday root drive I edited the com.apple.Boot.plist in the SL partition and added:

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string> -> the drive and partition I want to boot from
but to no avail.

Then I figured.. what the heck and amended all the boot.plist files, and still chimera wants to boot into Snow Leopard.

I don't even want to use Chimera anyway, I much prefer Chameleon..

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eib

eibborthompson said:
When I boot up, Chimera defaults on the Snow Leopard emergency drive - so I deduced that must be the one. So, trying to change it to my everyday root drive I edited the com.apple.Boot.plist in the SL partition and added:

<string>hd(0,2)</string> -> the drive and partition I want to boot from
but to no avail.

Then I figured.. what the heck and amended all the boot.plist files, and still chimera wants to boot into Snow Leopard.

Were you able to resolve your problem?
I am heaving the similar issues. I would like to make Windows boot by default but it looks like setting Default partition and Hide Partition are picked up. I can not even change boot resolution :cry:

I solved my problem :headbang:

Because of Ctrl/Command, copy/paste, Mac/Win confusion I created invalid com.apple.Boot.plist.
When I fixed XML it started to work. The best thing is that I didn't need to use something like this

Code:
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
but simple
Code:
<string>Windows 7</string>

where 'Windows 7' is name of the partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back