Contribute
Register

Deciding to either replace or upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
10.8.3 & Win7 Ultimate & Ubuntu 13.04
CPU
i5 3570k @ 4.3ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX670FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ive had my machine running since 2013 flawlessly. Its been powered up and being used or idling for 99% of its life. Hardware as follows;

Gigabyte GA-z77-Ds3h
GTX 670 FTW
I5 3570k

The machine has been triple booted for most of its life between OS X 10.8, WIN 7 Ultimate, and Ubuntu. 99.9% of its life spent in 10.8. For a while towards the end of its life I had planned to upgrade all the storage to SSD and goto the newest version of OS X and stick with a single operating system. Before I had time to do that I had a hardware failure. I've ruled it out to be the motherboard and I'm at a cross roads because of that. For daily web use and what not the computer does all I need it to, but theres always a want for more. I would consider a different board that supported SLI if it was 1155 socket, to allow me to re use my cpu and video card for the time being, but leave room for upgrades later. Any suggestions? otherwise I may just buy a refurbished same model board to replace mine. Ill post pictures of my rig here shortly, I'm sure most will enjoy.

thanks in advance!

Here is the only pic I have on my phone currently..

Attachments

• IMG_7830.JPG
    IMG_7830.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back