CPU
Xeon E5
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am in need of assistance... I use my computer for video editing, premiere, after effects, element 3d etc. My computer gets decent geekbench scores 3500 single 19-20k multi. I'm about to ditch the hackintosh and get a imac as I can't figure out why my computer can barely render anything. My geekbench score is higher than any computer at the apple store (not saying much) but see attached. I took a pic of the apple trash can geekbench score.

I running OS X 10.10.5
Intel i7 4930K @3.4ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
32gb 1866 ddr3 (see attached)

When I run the 3d plugin element 3d I get all types of glitching in the screen... I dropped like 3 grand on this machine like two years ago. I know very little about fixing a hackintosh but I can easily follow directions if you have any suggestions.

Is it my graphics card? Premieres rendering is so slow! How can I get a decent geekbench score but it seems to run way slower than my imac at work. I have a feeling my comp isn't overclocking...

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 10.07.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 10.07.59 PM.png
    314 KB · Views: 186
  • apple store geek.jpg
    apple store geek.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 238
Geekbench only tells little about real life performance.

I don't believe a benchmark that stresses your CPU at single digit % most of the time can be a any trustable.

There are tons of essential elements to make a PC fast.

Like a SSD can make your PC multiple times faster but it won't even give you any score boost on GB

Finally, the bench you did was just for CPU, but the software you want to use are all heavy GPU based.

My guess is you don't have your discrete GPU working, instead, you are actually using iGPU

The fastest way to check is open About my Mac to see which GPU is actually being used.

I think better ask for "Which GPU for Adobe Premiere / 3D plugin?" because its Adobe + unsupported (since 3+ years) Apple Nvidia driver related problem.
You self can make really less on this - only try to use an GPU which (others already use with sucess running Adobe Premiere).
With less i mean: Check that you are installed lastest (for your 10.10) Nvidia drivers & Cuda (maybe to new cuda may also make probs with premiere).
So, it can be that you get better GPU rendering accell only by buy an new (ask other Premiere users before!!!) gpu which can run on 10.10. You may get info that you must update to Sierra for some newer gpus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back