Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If your on a budget and you want something to pop your peepers on then maybe this will be right up your alley.
I know there are always cons when it comes to buying an IPS on the cheeps but Tom's Hardware put it through the works to show you how well this monitor is or isn't.

Auria EQ276W 27" IPS Monitor

384780_264739_01_front_zoom.jpgAmazon:
http://www.amazon.com/EQ276W-27-Inch-Monitor-2560x1440-DisplayPort/dp/B00AM71XSE/

Here is the review on Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/auria-eq276w-review-ips,3465.html

On Micro Center http://www.microcenter.com/product/384780/EQ276W_27_IPS_LED_Monitor#

I myself am debating between this and the Monoprice 27" for down the road. The Auria seems more future-proof since it has displayport input, but I've also heard the scaler in it has some pretty bad input lag. The Monoprice, not having a scaler, wont have that issue but it only has DVI input. And from what I've read, DVI > Displayport adapters are expensive and very finicky.

Either way, its great to see some decent quality monitors at an affordable price range. Anything that could get the standard beyond the artificial 1080p ceiling is good.

Monoprice 27" - http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=9579&format=2

Get a crossover 27q best monitor hands Down

The problem with the Korean monitors is, there's effectively no warranty. The cost of shipping the monitor back would be ridiculously high. Since the Auria and Monoprice are sold in the US by US companies, that's not an issue.

The Auria seems more future-proof since it has displayport input, but I've also heard the scaler in it has some pretty bad input lag. The Monoprice, not having a scaler, wont have that issue but it only has DVI input.

I have the Nixeus Vue 27 which is basically the same screen as the Auria but with a different stand and a better company backing it. And i assure you that there is no noticeable input lag when running at native resolution using displayport (Haven't ever tested the DVI, and I'm used to my two other screens that are 2ms G2G). As far as i know the scaler shouldn't even be used when your at the native resolution because its purpose it to "scale" the input up from a lower resolution to using all the pixels on the screen although stretched. You can buy the Nexius on Amazon if you want but i would recommend the Auria now since the Nixeus has gone up $100 since i bought mine and its basically the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-Resolution-2560x1440-Monitor-NX-VUE27/dp/B008M08SN6

I just ordered a 27" Qnix PLS glossy panel (Samsung version of IPS)- hopefully in a week I can update with feedback on this one.

As a follow-up, I have had this Qnix 2710 PLS monitor for several days now. It is indeed a very nice looking display. I would compare it favourably with my 27" iMac screen at work, and in its favour, a somewhat less reflective screen.

The bezel is a bit wider than those on my 24" Dell and Samsung monitors. The stand is fine- it only tilts and has a fixed height. It was a little too low on my desk, so I have inserted a 2" thick book under the stand to get it where I want it. The stand does not vibrate unduly and seems to damp out vibrations as fast as the 24" Samsung beside it.

I plugged it into my 650 Ti graphics card (Dual Link DVI cable included) and it was recognized automatically. The default color profile looks good and I tried a few profiles before going back to the default one. The colors look at least as nice as on my Dell Ultrasharp 2412 monitor, and better than on my older Samsung 24" screen. There are hardware screen brightness control buttons that work fine.

The included power brick is rated at 12V 5A DC (100-240VAC, 50/60Hz input), and although there was a Korean plug and an adapter provided, the brick accepts a normal north american power cable, so I just plugged in the one from my previous monitor. It does not get very warm during running, and has UL and CE approvals printed on it (I assume those are legit).

This monitor also has twin speakers in the back, hardware volume controls and a supplied sound cable- predictably the sound quality is poor so after testing that I have not used it.

The 27" (2560x1440) monitor (on the right) is only slightly taller than my 24" monitor (1920x1200) beside it- the pixel density is higher (the same as on the 27" iMacs), so text looks sharp though a bit smaller. You can see this below in a window that crosses the two monitors- the Safari window is about 1000 pixels high.
Qnix_screen.jpg
As far as dead pixels go, I did not order a "perfect pixel" model. I can see a single pixel (lower right corner, close to my trash can) that does not work- that is pretty good given that there are over 3.5 million pixels in total. The illumination looks pretty even to my eyes.

So far I am pretty impressed with this, and the bang for buck looks very good (I paid $315 US, shipping included). I bought this from "excellentcastle" on eBay, and they were fine. It was well packaged. The only assembly was a single screw to attach the stand base plate to the mounting post, and to remove the plastic protective sheets. It was shipped out a couple of days after purchase and received it one week after ordering, so no real complaint there.

I plan on getting two of these and a 7970 for my mini-powerhouse build coming within the next year
I thought you were a Dell monitor guy. :lol:

After reading all the reviews, I'm still waiting for another sale on the Dell U2713HM because of the reviews at Anandtech. They compare all the other inexpensive 27" monitors to the UD2713HM.

A great advantage of the Nixeus monitor is it has a US distributor. Secondly, it uses the same LG panel used in the iMac. The image is outstanding. I've been using mine for the short time it has been available. My only complaint is the implementation of the controls using manual buttons on the bottom of the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back