3770k OC @ 4.5GHz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I was looking for a DAW Controller like the AVID Artist Mix Controllers. But they only work with Pro Tools and Logic and not Ableton Live as far as I know.

What fascinates me most about the AVID model is the simplicity and elegance, Also the motorised faders! Only the price almost ridiculous. I have seen these kind of controllers from Behringer BCF2000, Novation ReMote Zero and the QCon.

Do you know any others?

Oh thanks! Also quite pricey for 16 channels.. Unfortunately there is nothing new on the market. The mackie controller is more than 5 years old.

I could fall in love with the SSL Nucleus, but I don't need preamps and the price well...

I have yet to use any controllers with my hackintosh, but I've used a lot of them on Mac systems at school and work.

Do a bit of research on the Mackie HUI and similar Mackie controllers - but keep in mind that these probably won't work with PT 11. Same goes for the Command 8. These are obviously way bulkier than the Artist series, but I personally don't mind that. I've only used the Artist Mix, but I kind of hate how tiny it is. My fat ol' fingers can't really hit the solo/mute buttons without a lot of concentration.

Also...I think that you can use the Artist series with other DAWs...I think. Nowadays, it's pretty hard to find controllers that Avid will let play nice with both their own children and everyone else's. A lot of older controllers will, but the support has been dropped for them a while back. A lot of them work on PT10, unofficially, and don't work at all on 11.

There's also those apps for the iPad, if you have one of those. In a lot of ways, it seems that that's actually the cheapest entry into DAW controllers (with a wide range of support) currently, even with the cost of a new/used iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back