Contribute
Register

Davinci Resolve workstation mainboard advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the OP for the thread I linked to above it says you must install a graphics patch as well. It's a separate repo. Add the repo to MaciASL and then apply the appropriate patch the same way you applied the other patch. In this case it sounds like you're using the IGPU, so use the patch called "Intel Graphics HD4000" or whatever it is.

EDIT: However, thinking about it, I'm able to boot without a DSDT. When I do a clean install I have to boot into safe mode until I install MultiBeast. But now that I have everything installed, if I want to create a new DSDT I'm able to boot with DSDT=null just fine (although a little slower), so doing the additional patch may not solve your problem.

You may need to give details to what you did with your installation. What did you install with MultiBeast? What is you system definition? If Mac Pro, did you delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and then repair permission and rebuild the cache?

No. You should already have a DSDT in /Extra. Open it with MaciASL, patch it, and save it.

Ok now I get it. Thank you very much.
Installed the patch and still black instead of login screen.
In verbose mode I do see an error at the very end but it goes away really fast, I think it says
CPUUID something not recognised...

I found I can still boot using DSDT=Null GraphicsEnabler=No -x

Should I install some extras in Multibeast? I'm using 10.8.4, Multibeast 5.4.3

Thanks a lot FLMMKR for all your help!

Exactly what did you install with MultiBeast already? Do you have DSDT.aml in your /Extra folder? What is in your com.chameleon.Boot.plist file in /Extra? What else did you install?

I just formatted my sdd and busy reinstalling everything.
First I'll create a DSDT and patch it with Graphics repo, place it on the desktop.
Then install multibeast and install the DSDT, what other options should I install?

The latest is 1802. You have to patch it with PMPatch.

Order of what you should do:
Set BIOS settings

Install OS X with Unibeast installer

Boot into safe mode using your Unibeast USB

Make DSDT.aml with MaciASL, patching with patches from PJALM's repos.

Install Multibeast (User DSDT or DSDT Free, Realtek 898 with DSDT, Chimera bootloader, SATA, eSATA, USB
3 Universal, Trim patch if your SSD supports it, FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, FakeSMC HW monitor, Power Management Hybernate Mode Desktop, System Definition you want (delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E if choosing Mac Pro).

Edit your Boot.plist in /Extra to remove darkwake=0.

That should get you booting normally and then you can customize from there.

Hey thanks for your help!
I followed this step by step, rebooted but still got a black screen at login.
Could only boot in safe mode by DSDT=Null -x
If I have some more time I'll try and install windows or linux an see if the HD4000 work in that,
I'm starting to think it's hardware related...

Hopeless, so I tried something else.
Plugged in the GTX 570, connected my display via dvi and after some black got a nice desktop :)
The GTX 570 is not patched for mac so I can't see the bios.

I'll try to add my Mac Pro's Radeon HD 5770 as GUI display, should see bios using that one.

Thank's a lot for all the tips!

There's got to be a setting that's preventing it from starting up normally, either the BIOS or maybe in the DSDT.

In BIOS do you have primary set to IGPU, memory to 64M, Render Standby enabled, and IGPU Multi-Monitor set to enabled?

In DSDT, I have these flags set on mine:
GraphicsEnabler = No
IGPEnabler=Yes
IGPlatformID=0166000A

It's likely that because you're just seeing a black screen and not KP code on the screen, that OS X is actually starting, but the graphics aren't kicking in. Whenever that happens with mine (whenever I'm messing with settings), it's because I don't have the graphics settings in the BIOS set right or I need to power cycle one of my monitors occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back