Contribute
Register

Davinci Resolve workstation mainboard advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have in the bios IGPU as Primary, memory to 64M, Render Standby enabled, and IGPU Multi-Monitor set to enabled.

I had flag GraphicsEnabler = No in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (You say in DSDT?).
I also added IGPEnabler=Yes, IGPlatformID=0166000A but still no success.

But anyway the GTX570 is working and looking good, the system is really fast and very responsive, it can't wait to start using it for jobs.
Been playing around and Thunderbolt works: I can connect my Promise Pegassus and BM mini monitor and it works. Davinci Resolve seems to be working good too.

Some quick things I tried without success:

I tried adding the Radeon HD 5770 but that's not working yet. (Would be nice if they both worked)

Installed the Red Rocket drivers and card but that's not working, and it seems Thunderbolt stops working when I add the Rocket...

Put in the Dell DW1702 but the system doesn't recognize it.
(Update: got it working, installed AtherosWiFiInjector.kext using kextbeast. This one was easy :))

So I get hackintosh is not something you do 'quick', I have a lot of searching and testing to do, but I really want to get this to work. Apple made me wait too long for a decent Mac Pro upgrade and now I'll built one myself.
Thanks a lot FLMMKR, I wouldn't know what to do without your tips!

Some tests when I connect my monitor to the GTX570:

1. IGPU as Primary, GraphicsEnabler = No : don't see bios on screen, but system starts up, after some black the desktop appears.

2. IGPU as Primary, GraphicsEnabler = YES : don't see bios on screen, system doesn't start up.

3. PCI as Primary, GraphicsEnabler = NO: DO see bios on screen, system doesn't start up.

I guess at 1 the system thinks it's using IGPU and starts up, at the end the 570 kicks in.
And 2 and 3 don't work because the GTX570 isn't correctly installed, right?

Yesterday booted a Debian Linux live cd, Intel HD4000 graphics worked, so no hardware issue.
Debian gave a KP on audio, so it's maybe a audio-displayport issue?
I tried connecting my TVLogic via HDMI and I got a desktop, sort off.... 3 desktops in the upper half of the screen. Any idea anyone?

I found a nice trick to always have access to the desktop even though it's not on the screen:
just activate Screen Sharing in preferences and connect to it from your mac...

Beside the Intel graphics issues, I've put in the ATI HD5770 as well as the GTX570 and the redrocket card.
Didn't change a thing to the config but now everything works almost.

- I can only startup when in bios graphics= IGPU and GraphicsEnabler=No.
I see black all the way untill the desktop appears, from both GTX570 and HD5770
If I want to see bios I have to connect the minidisplayport cable to the display.

- the HD5770 is recognized as 5000

- I don't see the rocket in System Report but Resolve 10 seems to find it (in preferences), although it say's its not in a X8 slot and it is...

- Resolve preferences don't see the HD5770, only GTX570

- When I start resolve it always says CUDA driver not installed but it is.
When I reinstall CUDA drivers Resolve just starts and doesn't complain.

Sorry if this post is a bit messy, I'm getting really tired from spending all late nites playing hacker :)
Any tips and advise are very welcome!!

O yes the good news, what is working:
usb, usb3, audio, Thunderbolt, Promise Pegassus, Ultrastudio Minimonitor, Wifi, not bluetooth.

I was doing some testing with Mavericks last night/this morning and had a similar issue with HD4000 not working. The fix for me was to reinstall the Realtek 898 audio drivers and FakeSMC with the latest Multibeast. At the same time I also installed Trim support, but that shouldn't have an effect on graphics.

Tried this but still the same.

The first time I installed osx and managed to see a desktop I ran Geekbench and had a score of 13000+
Now after some reinstalls with dsdt and stuff I run it again and get 11000.
Tried some overclocking but it stays at 11000.
Is there something I have to do to get the power out of it?
Thanks!

Did a full reinstall this weekend with 10.8.5 and all the updated tools.
Did not install or patch DSDT.
Everything works like with DSDT and graphic patch (no HD4000) but I'ts more performant, according to Geekbench anyway. (13500 vs 111000)
Tried some overclocking but can't get the score to go up, it's like the system doesn't recognize the faster processor.

Edited video all day on my Hac Pro and it's just fantastic, I should have built one so much earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back