Nvidia GTX 680 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

Hope you all had a great start into 2013!

As for me I'm currently trying to upgrade my Hackintosh (Currently: Asus P6T SE, i7 3.2ghz, GTX 470) to a beast for video editing.

Now I've come across the following and just wanted some heads up what might be easier and if you guys approve these hardwares.

What I want to get:

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 PRO (Read some good things, some bad things about on board audio and USB 3.0)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K (Planning on overclocking to 4.6ghz)
GPU: ZOTAC GTX-670 4GB GDDR5
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsZ 8x4GB Kit, DDR3-2133

Let me know what you think!

Best
Dave

Hey guys,

Hope you all had a great start into 2013!

As for me I'm currently trying to upgrade my Hackintosh (Currently: Asus P6T SE, i7 3.2ghz, GTX 470) to a beast for video editing.

Now I've come across the following and just wanted some heads up what might be easier and if you guys approve these hardwares.

What I want to get:

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 PRO (Read some good things, some bad things about on board audio and USB 3.0)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K (Planning on overclocking to 4.6ghz)
GPU: ZOTAC GTX-670 4GB GDDR5
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsZ 8x4GB Kit, DDR3-2133

Let me know what you think!

Best
Dave

Do a search on P9X79 Pro here on the forum. I do not see anyone that is supper happy with this motherboard and do see where the standard install tools need to be tweaked. In the same vain, do a search on the Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5. You will find that some of the major players here on the forum have Gigabyte X79 systems up and running (meaning there is more support).

neil

Hey Neil,

Thanks for the response!

However I really want to stay on Asus (Fanboy :p). Any Good Asus X79 reccomendations like the asus Sabertooth X79?

Could I use the GTX 670 and the 470 at the same time? Like for a third monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back