Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Taichi BIOS v1.2
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all,

I am running Catalina 10.15.2 upgraded from Majove. The upgrade went ok except sound control, used to control the sound level out of my RX580 HDMI port no longer works - I still have audio out of the HDMI interface but cannot adjust the levels so I am not concerned about ti.

My Asrock Taichi Z390 system is configured for dual boot with separate hackintosh and windows drives. The system either boots from the MAC hard disk or the windows hard disk as selected in the BOOT menu in the bios. When booting the hackintosh disk the clover 4920 is used.

The system has three drives, a SandDisk SSD Plus 1000 for the MAC installation, a Crucial 500G SSD for Windows and a Toshiba HDWE140 4TB hard disk for data shared by both installations. The Toshiba disk is problem is my Toshiba drive sometimes disappears from the MAC when the system is running, finder locks up and I have to restart. When I restart the drive has disappeared. If I reset or power cycle the MAC it remains gone and, for all intention purposes it no longer exists. During this time, the drive is not there for any of my mac tools. However if I reset the system and boot into windows, the Toshiba drive is present and works normally and always operates normally under windows. After running windows, if I now reboot into the MAC environment, the Toshiba drive is back again and working correctly and continues to working correctly through reset or power cycling until the next incident sometime into the future.

I am looking for suggestions on how to track down this problem.

Intel 11 Series Chipset:
Vendor: Intel
Product: 11 Series Chipset
Link Speed: 6 Gigabit
Negotiated Link Speed: 6 Gigabit
Physical Interconnect: SATA
Description: AHCI Version 1.31 Supported

TOSHIBA HDWE140:
Capacity: 4 TB (4,000,787,030,016 bytes)
Model: TOSHIBA HDWE140
Revision: FP1R
Serial Number: X8LXK0A5FBBG
Native Command Queuing: Yes
Queue Depth: 32
Removable Media: No
Detachable Drive: No
BSD Name: disk3
Rotational Rate: 7200
Medium Type: Rotational
Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified

Volumes:

EFI:
Capacity: 209.7 MB (209,715,200 bytes)
File System: MS-DOS FAT32
BSD Name: disk3s1
Content: EFI
Volume UUID: xxxxxxx

Data:
Capacity: 4 TB (4,000,575,389,696 bytes)
Free: 3.5 TB (3,504,810,491,904 bytes)
Writable: Yes
File System: ExFAT
BSD Name: disk3s2
Mount Point: /Volumes/Data
Content: Microsoft Basic Data
Volume UUID: yyyyyyy

Thank you for the pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back